The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Ready for 9s

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

7AAB322F-20AB-47BC-BC89-749356202571.jpeg
D1B2BF84-5108-4BBA-B642-F6FF2D5F6144.jpeg
68BC1E14-EA69-4CAB-AED1-A3B9888E92FF.jpeg
7BDFEFF7-4E70-4298-ABFC-6004179C73FF.jpeg
46EE5FE0-EB33-4D84-A830-5BE48AB52918.jpeg

Looks like it's ready for some abuse - and to punish the axles and the rear end! :hellyeah:

I do have upgraded rear axles so hopefully they can take some abuse.
The only rear end dif option I know of is a 3k rear dif and I'll have to wait until the stock one goes before I jump to a 3k

I do have upgraded rear axles so hopefully they can take some abuse.
The only rear end dif option I know of is a 3k rear dif and I'll have to wait until the stock one goes before I jump to a 3k
Plenty of fast people have run the stock rear end so you'll probably be okay.

Awesome build you got there, was wondering if you mind me asking some questions, we have some similarities with the build I have going on and the direction I want to take. I can ask on here or PM just let me know which you prefer

Awesome build you got there, was wondering if you mind me asking some questions, we have some similarities with the build I have going on and the direction I want to take. I can ask on here or PM just let me know which you prefer

Either here or pm is cool with me. I'd be happy to help with any questions.

Cool, thanks. I was wondering who had built your dog box? I tried contacting a few shops in Jersey and they didn't really deal with 2g's. I figured I'd see what my local options were before having to ship the trans out. I was looking to run the same twin disc clutch kit, which I believe it does have to be out of an Evo 1-3, due to the PPG gears, right?
Where did you get your lexan rear window from?
What's your opinion on the Ohm engine and fuse harnesses quality? I'm thinking of getting at least the engine harness. I'm also tempted to get the fuse box harness as well, but the options add up quickly and they seem to be the only option when it comes to custom harnesses for the 2g and honestly I haven't heard of them until my 2g build got serious. I was more familiar with Rywire and Chasebays.

Cool, thanks. I was wondering who had built your dog box? I tried contacting a few shops in Jersey and they didn't really deal with 2g's. I figured I'd see what my local options were before having to ship the trans out. I was looking to run the same twin disc clutch kit, which I believe it does have to be out of an Evo 1-3, due to the PPG gears, right?
Where did you get your lexan rear window from?
What's your opinion on the Ohm engine and fuse harnesses quality? I'm thinking of getting at least the engine harness. I'm also tempted to get the fuse box harness as well, but the options add up quickly and they seem to be the only option when it comes to custom harnesses for the 2g and honestly I haven't heard of them until my 2g build got serious. I was more familiar with Rywire and Chasebays.

Rrt in Connecticut built my dogbox. I supplied the ppg and a few of the parts and they did everything else.
The twin disc I got from tmz performance. They sell it for a ppg in a 2g. I'm pretty sure it's meant for an evo 8 and with a 7 bolt flywheel. It wasn't cheap but he sets everything up and tells you everything you need to make it work.
The lexan came from a company in Europe that someone on dsm tuners got the hook up with. There's a post here from about a year ago with the info. I'd have to search a little to find it. Defenitly worth the price and the wait.

The ohm harness and fuse box relocation was worth every penny. Really nice quality, great customer service and had no issues installing it. The car started right up after installing it. Everything is labeled really nice and if you have any questions they get back to you with answers very quickly.

Thanks for all the info. How long was it for them to build the trans? I'm going to look into that shop if I can't find one locally. Are you running PPG 5th gear, as well, or just sticking with the OEM one? I'm not sure what route to go on with the 5th gear yet.

Thanks for all the info. How long was it for them to build the trans? I'm going to look into that shop if I can't find one locally. Are you running PPG 5th gear, as well, or just sticking with the OEM one? I'm not sure what route to go on with the 5th gear yet.

I supplied most of the parts so it was pretty quick. It was about 3 weeks for them to finish it. I'm running the oem 5th just because I don't drive the car on the street and I don't shift into 5th in the 1/4 mile

Haven't updated this for a while.
After last season at the track I was trapping close to 135mph so I had to let off the throttle early to avoid getting kicked out for not having a cage.

My last trip to the track I ran a 10.8 letting off at the 1000' mark so I knew I needed a cage.

So first I ordered a 4" ets fmic
Then I ordered a new engine wiring harness and fuse box relocation from ohm racingView attachment 592188View attachment 592189View attachment 592190View attachment 592191View attachment 592192View attachment 592193View attachment 592194

How hard was the fuse box relocation install?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back