The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Reaching out to TRE

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AustinGST98

Proven Member
Nov 1, 2016
East Hampton, Connecticut
Does anyone know the status of TRE? I’ve been looking to get my transmission rebuilt and ready to ship it out but I haven’t been able to get in contact with Jon again since he sent me an original quote ~ 3 weeks ago. The phone rings to voicemail and I haven’t gotten a response on my e-mails.

When I he did my center differential, is was a bit difficult to communicate with him, and this was back in July. The work and price was good. I woudn't doubt the dudes' swamped and i'm sure the holidays just add to that. Email him with whatever info yall discussed but I think the best way, for me anyways, was by phone. I wouldn't keep leaving voice messages, but I'd try once a day till you get ahold of someone. Pending how difficult it is, then maybe decide if you wanna go another route. Good Luck.

Awesome guy, the best work, and my go to over any other DSM transmission builder, but yea I think he's overbooked right now. I had a trans built a few months ago and I know after the covid thing started he had to let some staff go. I think it's him and only one other person there currently.

I am receiving my diff from them today. I spoke with Jon via email and although it took a while for him to get back to me at times he did my rebuild within a week of sending it to him, so they are still up and running and still great. Good luck just be patient

I am receiving my diff from them today. I spoke with Jon via email and although it took a while for him to get back to me at times he did my rebuild within a week of sending it to him, so they are still up and running and still great. Good luck just be patient
How did do you ship your diff? What did it cost to ship if you don't mind?

Vegas, I think I sent it in the best way possible. I used a piece of wood to keep the diff upright, bagged the diff in plastic and secured it with rubber straps. Then, it was placed within a plastic tote with cardboard padding, with the top zip tied on securely. Shipping was a bit much, I think 80 dollars or so, but I was afraid to ship it any other way with the FF rear cover on it (I didn't want it to get scratched up)
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

TMZ recently posted on his FB page that he's been sick and is way behind, which might explain why TRE is (possibly) more stacked than usual.

Ahh okay, yea I mean I’m pretty much at around 3 weeks since hearing his last response, it’s not that I need the build done this second but I would like to sort of get it “in the queue” so that come spring time he’s not over-overbooked, as I know many people like to start new projects around then. I was afraid he was just not active right now whatsoever as I haven’t gotten any form of response since I agreed to the estimate.

I think the key is people need to plan ahead and be patient. Due to social media today and businesses like Amazon, society has gotten hooked on instant gratification (not saying that's the situation here, just talking in general today) Personally I've used TRE circa 2004ish time frame. I was fortunate I could deliver it in person. 60K miles on my trans thus far, though the car is kinda retired/parked at the moment. I don't recall the timing for the rebuild, but want to say it was 2-3 weeks. At least back in that time, he was pretty much cranking through transmissions every day of the week. All the venders above are good venders. Keep in mind the current environment. People could be sick. Parts still on order. Try contacting them via phone and email.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back