The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

2G Rattling noise when clutch depressed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

67racing

Probationary Member
Sep 10, 2004
El Paso, Texas
98 gst with act 2100 clutch, when i touch the clutch pedal when the engine is idling, i start to hear a rattling noise coming from the timing belt side of the engine. when i press the clutch in all the way, the noise gets very loud, and the rpm drop about 400.
maybe some one has had a problem like this before, and can help me out! i appreciate any comments!

first i was thinking the TOB, because as soon as i touched the clutch pedal, the noise would start, but the noise is coming from the other side of the engine. maybe just some loose bolts, maybe sign of worn thrust washers? i rebuilt the engine about 4000 miles ago, so actually crankwalk shouldn't be an issue. but who knows, i'd really appreciate some ideas on what you guys think it could be.

did u replace the crank pulley as well when u rebuilt the motor?

yes, sure did, the old one was seperating. i built the engine with forged pistons and rods, removed the B-shafts. and had my rotating assemply balanced.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back