The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

420A Rattling noise in first through fourth

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Amodeo

Probationary Member
Aug 13, 2020
Elizabeth, New_Jersey
So this noise just developed today and I thoughti might come here for some answers. My car just started making a constant clicking/rattling noise. It makes the most noise in first and gets less aggressive the higher gear I go up. It happens the worst when accelerating but only holding the pedal down slightly. I hope so.eone on here has an idea of what this is.

Hear the noise only when moving? How about when moving with clutch in but in these gears? No sound when moving and in neutral with clutch in or out? A video with at least sound would help.
Hey. The noise is still happening but I did notice that my oil was extremely low which is a whole other animal that I need to take care of. Anyway I filled it up with oil for now and tried to let it run for a bit to let the oil go through the system properly than I checked while stationary to see if it still made the noise and it did. But yea. I'm confused still LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back