The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Rattling and scratching noise

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BagueTTe

Probationary Member
Mar 20, 2022
Remigen, Europe
So a couple weeks ago I noticed that when I let go of my gas pedal in the 3k-4k RPM mark when driving that my 2g eclipse starts making a harmonic scratching/vibrating noise. I know that my spark plug cover is loose (previous owner broke the bolt off) but I am fairly certain that that cannot produce a scratching sound this loud. Any ideas what it might be?

You should check your exhaust system. You might have a loose heat shield or missing mounts.

Please fill out your car's profile so we know which engine you have. Do you have a turbo? It could be a faulty blow off valve.

You should check your exhaust system. You might have a loose heat shield or missing mounts.

Please fill out your car's profile so we know which engine you have. Do you have a turbo? It could be a faulty blow off valve.
Hi there, sorry about that, I have the gs model of the eclipse, so I dont have a turbo (sadly), so it's a NA 4g63...?. The noise eminates from from the left side of the engine bay, but I'll look into the the exhaust system as you suggested.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back