The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rare Paint job?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris26969

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 23, 2003
MassachusettsUS
Ive always thought that its weird that I have Never seen the same color car as mine.

My 98 gsx is a stock color yet I have never seen it anywhere on this forum or in real life. Is it really rare or something? Its called Cayenna Red. It color shifts kind of its like a bright red/ orangeish color. its weird. Anyone else have this color car, id like to be interested to see if anyone else has this.

is it almost liek a burnt orange, coppery color. i've seen a couple. there was actually one for sale locally not long ago.

there you go, burnt orange/ red. Odd color it is. You have seen some before? is it just me are they are rare as hell.

GSX is rarity in itself, the color you have is pretty rare around here too. I've seen two cars with that color and they weren't GSXs.

The most common colors I think around here are black and white. I myself perfer the light silver and gun metal gray.

Originally posted by paranoidTSi
GSX is rarity in itself, the color you have is pretty rare around here too. I've seen two cars with that color and they weren't GSXs.

The most common colors I think around here are black and white. I myself perfer the light silver and gun metal gray.

I'm getting mine painted Graphite Grey Pearl as soon as I get back from the desert..can't wait!! I'm just doing the outside tho, not doing the engine bay/door sills..I think the colors would blend, right??

I've seen ONE car in that color, I do not know what trim level it was though.

it kinda makes the dsm experience better knowing i have a rare car and rare paint job. How much should a paintjob like this increase my resale value?

Originally posted by chris26969
it kinda makes the dsm experience better knowing i have a rare car and rare paint job. How much should a paintjob like this increase my resale value?

Probably not at all. Just enjoy it.

some gs's come with twin exhaust tips.

and i want to see what this color looks like...anyone have a picture of any dsm with this color?

Originally posted by DSMchick90
some gs's come with twin exhaust tips.

and i want to see what this color looks like...anyone have a picture of any dsm with this color?

only spyder gs's or gs's who've switched to the turbo exhaust.

^^^ i can vouch for that. just saw a spyder GS with the gun metal grey color like i have, and its a GS automatic. had the twin tips like i had too. almost made me cry that it was a gs and not a gst. wouldve let him join the club. but yeah what the hell is the real name for the color of car i have. i need to get some touch up paint and i cant find any for it. click my link at my sig and tell me pls.

Originally posted by mavisky
only spyder gs's or gs's who've switched to the turbo exhaust.

Not True. Mine is a factory turbo. There are a ton of dsm's with this color around here. Some are hardtops, some turbo's, but I think it was only a 97 year thing.

Originally posted by 97toplessturbo
:thumb: I have one

NICE. Fellow color brother.. haha

nice frigin color it is. Have you seen any besides your own? These things are so rare.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back