The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Rare Dsm's

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bought a 1ga nt today that was produced in 1995....When I saw it on autoscout I had to see it for myself...then I ended up buying it.

bought a 1ga nt today that was produced in 1995....When I saw it on autoscout I had to see it for myself...then I ended up buying it.

My cousin in Russia had '95 Talon AWD, which was a 1G. So something strange was going on...

Does your car have a DSM badge under the hood? What is the actual date of manufacture?

Ya I just moved to Germany. It does have a DSM badge and the manufacture date is 3 July 95. Mine isnt AWD though. Its almost impossible finding one of those out here.

Here, in Europe there are a lot of 1995 1Gs. I have even seen a 1996 1G ad, but I can't tell if it was produced in 1996, or it was first registered in 1996.

Also, my friend's 2G was produced back in 2000. Yeah it was past 04.1999. And it was a special 4G63 with 10:1 or 10.5:1 F1 pistons, producing more than 150 hp. When inputing his VIN in CAPS his car couldn't be found. It appears as a GST

I've got something that i think is rare. 94 AWD GSX, Everett Green, M/T, 78,000 original miles, One owner (Bought it off a lady who bought it brand new), So according to some people i talked to in 94 Only 1% of the 160 some thousand eclipses made came turbo, Without considering its Everett Green and manual means it's 1 of 1600 Eclipse made in 94, Plus it has all numbers matching and everything. It is a little beat up as far as body, and a few other things but other than that it's nice.

Here, in Europe there are a lot of 1995 1Gs. I have even seen a 1996 1G ad, but I can't tell if it was produced in 1996, or it was first registered in 1996.

Also, my friend's 2G was produced back in 2000. Yeah it was past 04.1999. And it was a special 4G63 with 10:1 or 10.5:1 F1 pistons, producing more than 150 hp. When inputing his VIN in CAPS his car couldn't be found. It appears as a GST

Im sure thats the case. But I just got here a few weeks ago and it was the first that I have seen and had to check it out for myself. I have heard of the 2000 eclipse thing before. craziness over here...

I've actually seen one of the Non Turbo 4g63 2000 eclipses here in the states. Maybe Mitsubishi was just using up the remain stock of 4g63 engines? It was the first eclipse I thought about buying but it wasn't turbo even though the add claimed it was, and I have allways rather disliked the 3rd gen body.

It could have been a swap for all I know. I don't know why Mitsubishi would go to the trouble for such a low run or cars. Seems someone would have swapped the turbocharged one though instead of the N/A

I have a '90 Eclipse GSR-4. only 75k kms and all original. Pretty neat having a left hand drive Japanese market American built car :)

I've actually seen one of the Non Turbo 4g63 2000 eclipses here in the states. Maybe Mitsubishi was just using up the remain stock of 4g63 engines? It was the first eclipse I thought about buying but it wasn't turbo even though the add claimed it was, and I have allways rather disliked the 3rd gen body.

It could have been a swap for all I know. I don't know why Mitsubishi would go to the trouble for such a low run or cars. Seems someone would have swapped the turbocharged one though instead of the N/A

Well my friends one is a 2G and the pistons are different. I also had a NT 4G63 in my car and I had the lower CR ones. 141 hp. And every Euro 2G I know is 141 hp except for his. I think it is a 2G GSR model :) But no more because he is going to super charge it and put 2G Stock pistons in 3-4 months time

I consider my car fairly rare, 90 1G Black Cherry. They're very hard to find in good condition still, I looked for almost a year to find mine and was virgin bone stock when I got it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back