The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Rare 97 Quarter Panel....pattern

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboATM

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2006
Jacksonville, North_Carolina
so i have been a long time fan of that rare quarter panel window on the early 97 Talons...which can be found here-http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/368736-pics-my-rounded-quarter-window.html

I believe i found a pattern on these:hmm:...of the 10 or so ive seen over the years (only half being in person) ...i think i found a pattern. Every single Talon i have seen them on...have had no sunroof.

Between the 3 posted in that thread, the 3 ive seen in person...and the TSI i bought last night that has them (WIN!:hellyeah:) None have a sunroof.

anyone else have an input?

HAHA nice observation... but sorry bro i would def take a sunroof over a rounded quarter panel... but thats cool man.. it does make the car for some reason look different..

I am intrigued by this. I had never seen or heard of them before I saw that post that you linked to. You might be on to something there though. I'm not a big fan of them either, I dont think they flow with the roof line into the trunk. So I too would take the sunroof over the rounded quarter window.

Actually... look closely at the green car in the thread you linked to, I think it has a sunroof.

ive always LOVED the sunroofs on DSMs...but im thrilled that this one i have doesnt have one. I dont know of alot of turbo DSMs that dont have em, and just adds to the rarity of mine.

My 97 Talon doesn't have a sunroof or the rounded quarter windows, just the way I like it. :D

...looks the reflection of the wall behind it to me, just happens to be in the same lines at the sunroof

It was a 97 Talon only thing. A couple 98's had them from left overs. But what ever was left was used on all 99 Eclipse's (only the window, not the rubber molding), There is a huge thread already going on about it.

Found a company that makes aftermarket replacements for 250 each!

It was a 97 Talon only thing. A couple 98's had them from left overs. But what ever was left was used on all 99 Eclipse's (only the window, not the rubber molding), There is a huge thread already going on about it.

Found a company that makes aftermarket replacements for 250 each!

Could you link to that thread please? I would like to see it.

on DSMtalk i was reading...a guy ordered the new body style 2gb talon back in 96 before it came out, one of the 1st ones to get one. His...did not have it. so it was something that wasnt put on the 1st few models, then on for a month or so, then back off again. weird.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back