The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

420A Randoms shakes

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin-eclipse-rs

Probationary Member
Jan 1, 2023
Phoenix, Arizona
So I recently bought a 98rs 2g (420a 5speed) and it’s a pretty beat up car chasies a little bent I recently started driving it to school and back and I noticed that when I put it in first at random times the car starts to aggresivly shake and it turns on the check engine also the breaks just freeze on me I have to put in the clutch all the way just to slow down because the breaks are frozen or really hard to press idk if somthings wrong with the computer but it happens at random
Also happens in reverse
Another issue is when I let go of the gas when I’m going 5-10mph the car lunges forward like i pressed on the break I’m not sure why the gas is so sensitive iv been and driven other standerds and it’s not this bad (been happening more frequently)

You need to find out what code the check engine light is coming on for. Without codes to lead you to what might be wrong all you can do is throw parts at the car.

The issues are all probably related the engine runs poorly which is causing the shaking in 1st and reverse because they are the lowest gears, so they have the greatest effect on the car. The brakes would be getting hard from losing engine vacuum which could also be from a poorly running engine.

You need to find out what code the check engine light is coming on for. Without codes to lead you to what might be wrong all you can do is throw parts at the car.

The issues are all probably related the engine runs poorly which is causing the shaking in 1st and reverse because they are the lowest gears, so they have the greatest effect on the car. The brakes would be getting hard from losing engine vacuum which could also be from a poorly running engine.
Well the check engine light came on for a second then just turned off I plugged In my obd 2 scanner and got nothing and the engine and trans are in good condition just unsure why it does that randomly I’ll check for leaks

You need to read pending codes or get a scanner that can read data while it is happening. Intermittent issues are normally electrical so you want to try get a starting point to check sensors, wiring, ect.

You need to read pending codes or get a scanner that can read data while it is happening. Intermittent issues are normally electrical so you want to try get a starting point to check sensors, wiring, ect.
Okay will do thank you do you know where to buy a scanner like that?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back