The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

2G randomly stalls

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheFlashDSM

Supporting Member
Feb 18, 2010
stony brook, New_York
auto gsx

stock motor

mods list:
vrsf intercooler
speed density
ecmlink full
20g turbo
255 pump

the car runs great this is the first time today this happened, but its been happening all day now

problem; i went to 7-11 turned off car, started it up reved like normal on hot start then died right away, started right back up tho,

drove away came to 1st light and as soon as i stopped the car just died and wouldnt start back up!
car sat in the road for 15 min then started back up.

here is my log, this is after i drove the car home, i hit no lights i got lucky, i went back out and it did it again at a stop sign but didnt fully die on me, i came to a stop and gave it gas and it started to die (got this logged) i was lucky to catch it on the log.

things i checked, ecu caps. no leaked ecu looks fine

take a look at my log the problem happened at the very end of the log, you will see a very sporadic drop in all sensors then bam they come back on.

ummm help please,

Attachments

• problem.elg
    105.5 KB · Views: 49
i just changed the cam angle sensor, the sensor behind the cam gear. from what ive read this sensor might be going bad, will see, any input welcome!

well it ran fine until i got to a light and died on me again and now wont start at all, om thinking the crank sensor took a poop, it will crank, start and die immediately.

I had the same issue very recently.. mine was apparently caused by a PTU that I had moved away from the heat and bolted to the front cover instead of the intake manifold. I moved it back and havent had a problem since. potentially a ground related issue? i have no idea. And I even fooled with the wiring and connector beforehand. Strangest damned thing. it would just shut off on its own like somebody turned the key.

I can't look at your log right now, but while cranking does it show an RPM signal?

never noticed, it cranks and fires real quick but when it does i do get an rpm signal.

I had the same issue very recently.. mine was apparently caused by a PTU that I had moved away from the heat and bolted to the front cover instead of the intake manifold. I moved it back and havent had a problem since. potentially a ground related issue? i have no idea. And I even fooled with the wiring and connector beforehand. Strangest damned thing. it would just shut off on its own like somebody turned the key.
PTU?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back