The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Randomly shutting off

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

volcomsnow245

10+ Year Contributor
May 4, 2011
chicago, Illinois
Hey guys, I was researching a little and a few people had this same issue but no one had a good answer. What's happening is when I drive like for a good 5 minutes and stop to idle my car will just shut off. When I try to turn it over it just cranks and I can hear the fuel pump kick on. Finally I got it to throw a code and it was for my cam angle sensor. I replaced this about 9 months ago and it wasn't shutting off randomly it wouldn't start until I cleared the code. Anyone who has idea other than the cas please let me know. Thanks

Oriellys can test it ive had my N/T one tested before. i assume the others can be tested too. You can advance and retard timing slightly by moving the cam angle sensor up and down. You would want a timing light to adjsut timing correctly see the chilton manual or look somewhere else on the forums for exact instructions on how to do that, cause i havent done it before. I just made sure to mark where the cas lined up before removing it.

i would also check to make sure your wires are correctly attached and that you have the right CAS.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back