The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Random Upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yep! All motor and spray would be nice. Have parts suggestions?:hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah::hellyeah:

OP 4-5k would barely get you a good (proper) turbo kit, a way to tune and a pistion rod combo. that is just parts not even install or rebuild with labor. you need to read upgrade paths or something because you have no idea what it takes to make 400hp on a 420a. i have already done an all motor build on my car which didnt go perfect at all but i still went through with it. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/dsm-build-journals/459943-my-2g-all-motor-420a-journey.html

Hey Captain Obivous! No shit? I said I lack mechanical expertise for cars. What a loser.

Anyone with real comments? :) :hellyeah:

Real comment? When asking for help dont insult the people who reply. Esp one who is going through what you hope to soon accomplish he could of been your biggest help.Just because you dont like the reply does not mean it lacks importance.
Seriously your best option is to find a good 4g63 and do the swap if your set on keeping your current car.The 4g63 is famous for holding 400+ on stock bottom. Your 420a on the other hand is not esp. with boost thrown in the mix.Then with the rest of your money buy the mods needed to make 400hp.
You would easily have over $2000 in your 420a's bottom end in parts/machine work just to get it to handle 400hp safely then you would still have to put another 3500 + in supporting mods to reach 400.

this kid is dumber then a box of rocks let him fail. he is one of those kids that would have a nice car and know nothing about it or one aftermarket part that was on it. no one is going to write you a build sheet do research like everyone else has.

Dumbs as rocks yep! Guess Aerospace Engineers are dumb as rocks...Rocket Scientist fyi....have a good day kid! ;)

Thanks for the replies!

Hes aslo a grammatical genius, had you not noticed.

I doubt this goal will ever be achieved, good luck with getting any sort of support here-on-out.
If you look around a little bit, you'll notice the powerplant of choice on these forums is the 4G63 because the 420A is ridiculously expensive to make any noticeable power out of.

Seriously your best option is to find a good 4g63 and do the swap if your set on keeping your current car.The 4g63 is famous for holding 400+ on stock bottom.

Has something changed where swapping 4G63s in to 2G N/Ts has become cheap? What your suggesting would be as difficult and as expensive as building his current engine. I've seen where 1 or 2 people have put Evo8 engines into these cars as they are flipped the other way like a 420a sits, but that isn't cheap or easy either.

I think building it N/A + spray is the cheapest way to go. You can buy your CAI, header, exhaust and then add like a 50 shot and be done. Then start saving for a real turbo kit not some Ebay junk.

Thanks GPTourer! That's was the most simple and direct response I got, and it was exactly all I was asking for.

Dumbs as rocks yep! Guess Aerospace Engineers are dumb as rocks...Rocket Scientist fyi....have a good day kid! ;)

Thanks for the replies!

I'm sorry.. but if your a "aerospace engineer".. why is a simple gasoline engine giving you such a hard time? I say it would be so much cheaper to just buy a 4G63T that's had a rear end collision or is a rust pile.. Swap motors and call it a day. Even easier would be finding a turbo model and just selling your current n/a car.

Hmm, I guess the words project car and "I want to build my car" are hard to understand. Gas engine a problem for me? Want to come take apart satellites with me? If you're so much smarter. Just saying...:hellyeah:

Looks like all I need to do is get some nice headers, a spray kit, and cosmetics. Thanks!

I would really suggest you trade in that and get a gst or gsx! But it really sounds like you're going to beat this car till its dead anyways. Like I did to my gs when I was 17. Get a turbo and learn to appreciate it! If you are a engineer in anything you should be able to afford some basic tools and learn something about your car. Because eventually you will have to work on it after blowing all your money on labor.

Good luck kid!

Yea I will run it down...and build it back up. I had a gst with a welded drivetrain so I know how awd turbos are. Very nice, but it's not what I have anymore. Tools are easy to get, it's taking apart the car with a manual by myself that troubles me. It's not like I can throw it back together and have peace of mind while driving.

Hmm, I guess the words project car and "I want to build my car" are hard to understand. Gas engine a problem for me? Want to come take apart satellites with me? If you're so much smarter. Just saying...:hellyeah:

Looks like all I need to do is get some nice headers, a spray kit, and cosmetics. Thanks!

would you do a dry shot? wet shot? direct port? fogger? just adding nitrous with not knowing anything about it wont last. you will fry your rings and its really dangerous if you dont know how to use it. in the long run turbo is cheaper.

Dumb as rocks yep! Guess Aerospace Engineers are dumb as rocks...Rocket Scientist fyi....have a good day kid! ;)

Thanks for the replies!

well this kid knows more about your motor and has done more work to a 420a then you will ever see rocket man. just telling you straight facts and the best way to go.

Last edited:
Lol I know people that couldn't pass a 4th grade math test, but they can build one Hell of a car. Could build it from the ground up.

Lol I know people that couldn't pass a 4th grade math test, but they can build one Hell of a car. Could build it from the ground up.
Your Point being:confused: The thing is the only guy that has the up most ability to help him he trashed and now wants to state that he's a big bad "rocket man" but doesn't understand the fundamentals of turboing a n/t car is... LOL, but i guess being a rocket man and the complexity of that its to hard to understand how to 1. build a motor and 2. using GOOGLE to find a topic that's been :beatentodeath:

OP, you're asking something that's been asked a million times since our boards were created over 10yrs ago. People aren't going to spoon feed you the info you need to build a 400whp DSM, you've got to do the leg work yourself.

This thread has ran its course and is getting off topic, I did a quick search and found these threads that would have more than answered your questions.

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/352686-420a-build-help.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/320133-420a-motor-build-options.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/420a-turbo-conversion/390391-another-what-turbo-thread-max-power.html
http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/newbie-forum/441835-turbo-stock-420a-block.html

/thread.

:dsm:

Yeah this basically turned into a public dick-swinging contest and needed closed a while ago. Good call, Corey.

O.P.- don't ask for help then mock those who offer. We don't know you, we don't know if you even know where the damn oil filter is located let alone how to build an engine for power. Take your rude comments elsewhere and learn how to use the site's search feature to answer your basic questions while totally changing your mind every 2 hours about the direction of your build.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back