The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Random Misfire

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mello

20+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2003
Albuquerque, New_Mexico
What is this? A battery cable? IS this end connected to your fire wall? If so, what is the other end of the cable connected to?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

What is this? A battery cable? IS this end connected to your fire wall? If so, what is the other end of the cable connected to?
I assume green circle is part of the thick long black wire going arround the battery to the negative terminal, what I don’t see is a ground to the starter.

It looks like the one you circled in green attaches to the bolt on the negative battery terminal, then the one I circled in blue might go to the trans/starter?

Looks like it.
I'm using a stock starter ground, with a custom short firewall ground, on a wingnut post.

Last edited:
i have a short firewall ground too..Starter wire coming off the positive al9ng with the fuse box. The third wire on the positive the runs to the left is just the amp in the trunk.

i have a short firewall ground too..Starter wire coming off the positive al9ng with the fuse box. The third wire on the positive the runs to the left is just the amp in the trunk.

Is it just me, or is your positive terminal, scary close to the strut tower brace?

its about 2 inch space, battery bolted down and the red rubber cover goes over the positive fairly snug.
Yeah - good. I always have my - If “worst” happens, what result can occur hat on. Batteries are heavy. Even bolted down, stock brackes can still allow movemet in a collision. The terminal cover might not be enough to prevent a dead short, and a fire.

Yeah - good. I always have my - If “worst” happens, what result can occur hat on. Batteries are heavy. Even bolted down, stock brackes can still allow movemet in a collision. The terminal cover might not be enough to prevent a dead short, and a fire.
Thats a fair assessment. Thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Yea from the picture, the green is the ground connected to the firewall. The blue is connected to the starter
It looks like the one you circled in green attaches to the bolt on the negative battery terminal, then the one I circled in blue might go to the trans/starter?

Still need to figure out this misfire. I got the suspension done for now.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back