The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Random Fuse/wire harness

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngryNate

Probationary Member
Jul 18, 2018
St. Cloud, Minnesota
I have this random wire harness with a fuse on it. Have no idea where it goes. Anyone know?
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Well, just to state the obvious first

2g, non turbo, 420a, around the battery area

It's a non factory loom added around the battery, most likely a hook up for an alarm system. Most likely there is another horn looking object under the intake box that the plug hooks into
Ah okay ill check that tomorrow. Any reason you can deduce why it would be unplugged?

What is the point of this "aftermarket alarm"? Is this something that differs between the year models? Am I misunderstanding that?

I wasn’t around for them. But I’m under the impression alarm systems were a popular thing in the 90s and early 2000’s. It very well maybe some other piece of non factory electrionic equipment. Trace the wires and find where they go, if the other side of the plug is there follow that. If not then find out what it’s tapped into.

It
I wasn’t around for them. But I’m under the impression alarm systems were a popular thing in the 90s and early 2000’s. It very well maybe some other piece of non factory electrionic equipment. Trace the wires and find where they go, if the other side of the plug is there follow that. If not then find out what it’s tapped into.
Goes into the firewall.

I recognize that 6 pin plug... it's from an old AudioVox all-in-one (aka el cheapo) alarm system... the siren housing also contained the alarm receiver / brain. You then wired all of the car connections through this harness (door pins, ignition, trunk pin, etc,etc).

Your best bet would be to trace each of the wires on the interior side of the firewall & remove each connection individually. Once all are removed from the car harness, then you can pull it all back through the hole in the firewall. Look for "T" Taps and or Scotch-Lock type wiring connections.. those are a dead give away for most aftermarket car alarm connections to the factory harness

I recognize that 6 pin plug... it's from an old AudioVox all-in-one (aka el cheapo) alarm system... the siren housing also contained the alarm receiver / brain. You then wired all of the car connections through this harness (door pins, ignition, trunk pin, etc,etc).

Your best bet would be to trace each of the wires on the interior side of the firewall & remove each connection individually. Once all are removed from the car harness, then you can pull it all back through the hole in the firewall. Look for "T" Taps and or Scotch-Lock type wiring connections.. those are a dead give away for most aftermarket car alarm connections to the factory harness
Wow sounds like someone went through a lot of trouble to make things more complicated. I will update as to whether I can even find where either of these ends are suppose to go or is behind the firewall

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back