The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

random cars im thinking of buying for a DD

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

+1 whiplash

the jetta you're going o have to replace a window along with a tune up(every time you buy a ccar you should do a tune up, even if it's fresh off the dealer floor, you don't know what kind of garbage lubes they are using)

integra, a bag of zip-ties to hold rear bumper cover up since i am guessing the support is bent

colt, looks like the driverside door latch having problems? i would also drain all the gas once you get it home, 3 months is a little long.

i dont who but somebody said something about making a thread titled this but back to the cars

with the colt. idont if the door is just not closed all the way or thats how it is always

and the teg thes rust 1/4 panaldamage to both sides dented front fender but i have tosee the laws in ct bout salvage laws and he just told me the the quater is buckled w.e that means

i dont who but somebody said something about making a thread titled this but back to the cars

with the colt. idont if the door is just not closed all the way or thats how it is always

and the teg thes rust 1/4 panaldamage to both sides dented front fender but i have tosee the laws in ct bout salvage laws and he just told me the the quater is buckled w.e that means

Can we please keep the posts to a minimum of readable?

The integra looks the best to me. Depending on the miles, I would put that one on the top of the list. Honda's do tend to have pretty decent life expectancy.

he said 200k on the body 180k on the odometer 150k on the engine but the acura has a salvage title and the guy said the 1/4 has to be replaced and if thats true then i cant get it because i wont have the oney to fix it

Yeah it would be a good idea to get something you would not have to put money into right away. The Jetta seems to be a better car than the colt. Probably run longer for you. Parts for European cars are a bit more expensive though, that's something to keep in mind.

Look for an Infiniti G20

They go for cheap.. SR20 engine. Good gas, 4 doors & a little luxury since it is Infiniti

the colt im not a fan of how it looks but i feel like i would be able to resell that at a high price then the jetta because of how badly the jetta is rusted out so if i go with the jetta im going to have to fix the rust at some point i know if i get it the first thing im going to do is knock all that rust and rot off the car

i would like a g20 but i dont think ima find one in my price rang find any car in my price rang is hared and for the one that dont know its like $700

damn east coast rust(my s10 is from NJ originally), the rust on the jetta probably isn't a structural problem and the a jetta isn't worth doing body work on i vote borrow a sandblaster and get some rattle can the area afterwards.

here
colt is worth 1200-1800 clean cond., jetta is worth $1000-3500 without that rust

IMO just get whatever drives the best.

anybody know how much a door window runs?

no i dea on the door window the rust on the jetta reminds me of the honda rust and when i say fix i mean kick all the rust off put some rust protectent and fill the whole with this expanding foam or something and paint over it

all the sand blaster going to do is clean it and painting isnt going to fill the holes LOL but when i said fix the rust you prob thought something diff then what i listed above

and thats what im going to do is get what ever drives better

no i dea on the door window the rust on the jetta reminds me of the honda rust and when i say fix i mean kick all the rust off put some rust protectent and fill the whole with this expanding foam or something and paint over it

all the sand blaster going to do is clean it and painting isnt going to fill the holes LOL but when i said fix the rust you prob thought something diff then what i listed above

and thats what im going to do is get what ever drives better

wow.... the east coast disappoints me, that's whats in the rust hole on my truck.

you can't stop rust by covering it up, you have to get rid of every little speck, kicking and breaking it will only get rid of large chunks..... though the other day i heard some guys talking about something in a rattle can that eats rust, may be worth looking into.
hence why a sandblaster is the best way without welding in a patch panel, if it's a 1.8 or a 2.0 the motor will outlast the car if the rust isn't completely stopped.

looks like you got sh#t under control

why does the east dissapoint you? id rather get rid of the rust fill the hole with something and paint over it instead of dricing around with a bunch of holes in the car

but you wanna hear something bad witch is why i though of the expanding foam my brother used that on his 1980 camaro and he got that idea off of you tube haahha

and i didnt mean just hit let everything fall and leave it at that yea ima do hit let evey thing fall off then take car of the small stuff

but correct me if im wrong lets say i put rust sealing/protectang over the area any rust that still exist wont spread right?

and i cant get a sand blaster dont know anyone with one

well thats good to know that they dont work

im really thinking bout this "96" civic pretty sure its a 95 tho needs radiator hood fender prob lights fix it drive it for a while resell get a dsm =]

they stop rust from forming if the metal is completely bare has not a single piece of oxidation on it, all they do is seal it from the outside elements, if it's on the metal they can't do anything. if there's 1 little pen tip sized area of surface rust that you don't take care of before spraying anything on it it will spread under neath the coating.

that 93 looks like a steal, i would buy it just to flip it if it were in my area. i would keep the wheels and throw some steelies on it too.
lot's of ricer giving away stock exhaust, black is a pretty common color so a trunk(figuring worst case) and latch should be easy.

wouldnt the worts case be the back of the 1/4 being messed up?

what do you think i could make more money off the 95 or the 93?

95 is going to need $250+ in body parts, probably $150 for rad and core support, head lights and maybe corners $???... but is worth about $500-1000 more then the 93 in equal condition

on the 93. if the 1/4s were bent buckling would be obvious, $100 for a used trunk and latch then the exhaust which you should be able to get for free or extremely if there's a big honda scene in your area

profit margins would be about the same.
the 95 it's possible that there's more damage too which would make the 93 smarter choice. or, neither show interior pictures so, who knows the 93 might be so trashed that you would have to get a whole new interior which would make the 95 smarter choice

true but 215k vs 100k

im figureing the 95 fixed up with that low miles i could prob ask 3000 get at the min 2200

the 93 im not sure about but i dont see getting more than 1500 due to the miles i maybe be wrong

212k is low miles(to me), here it's a $2500 car fixed.... 100k is insanely low probably get $3500+ here fixed....

god i hate how expensive cars are here.

look idk anything bout hondas but i know where im at every body loves hondas and they also get stolen alot here to and the 93 is the dx witch means no vtec the 95 has vtec so i think that would be the best bet to go with andi think the 95 would be in better mechanically then the 93. the 95 guy said he got it for his daughter off and old man who went blind and her daughter crashed it into theback of a suv and the civic went kinda under the car thats why the hood is pushed up the way it is.. but i would have to check it out more and see whats damaged under the hood besides the radiatoer

boo vtec..... on a serious note, if the radiator got f'ed in that style of crash i an guarantee the core support is bent, which may have even bent the things that the fenders and timing belt motor mount bolt to(can't think of the name right now, but when bent they require a frame straightener), which you wont's be able to tell until you pull the body panels and everything off, mechanically it will be better simply due to the mileage.

it's not the good kind of vtec though, its the mad tyte JDM high rev vtec not the more torque-y vtec or even non vtec has better low end power.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back