The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rally in a 1G Video (In Car)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That's pretty cool. I emailed the link to some racing buddies. I might have to go to a Lake Superior Pro Rally sometime.

Great video, now what has to be done to the chassis and the suspension to handle those impacts ouch..

I just see the imagine the suspension getting torn right out of the subframe..

Good video, but that co driver was giving the directions a little fast for the fairly straight course.

Since that video, he has changed his suspension out, but almost all of the rally cars hit like that, hence they have the skid pan underneath.

It was pretty amazing at the Maine Forest Rally this year, at the first stage even the top runners were hitting the Red Bull table top and landing out past the backside of the table. It was fun to pick up all of the pieces of cars at the end of that stage. I think we picked up like 7 Subaru fog light covers.

It is always nice to see a DSM out there representing!

Wildeclipse2000 said:
Since that video, he has changed his suspension out, but almost all of the rally cars hit like that, hence they have the skid pan underneath.

I've also heard of reinforcing the strut towers (and other components) quite a bit. You were in Maine, so I'm sure you saw Iorio/Ole take the car for a flight, as they usually do.;)

Video:http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8c33b85e-2e03-484d-9a1c-98090155f4d4.htm

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Holy crap, thats rough. Looks like a boat load of fun though. One day I would like to build a rally dsm, have to win the lotttery first. :p

My car is limited to smooth dirt roads, dirt parking lots, and the accasional trail (depending on how rough)
I would really like to do a rallyx, but there are none around here.

outofideas327 said:
I've also heard of reinforcing the strut towers (and other components) quite a bit. You were in Maine, so I'm sure you saw Iorio/Ole take the car for a flight, as they usually do.;)

Video:http://videos.streetfire.net/video/8c33b85e-2e03-484d-9a1c-98090155f4d4.htm

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Oh yes, that was a great Rally. There was some great Carnage at, if I remember the 4th stage. A couple of the local NEDSM guys and I were there, and literally had Pastranna fly past us above eye level, on a staright away drop off.

I paid the ladies in the water tent $5 and they let me up on top of the old motorhome that was in line with the jump. It was pretty crazy see Matt at eye level when we were on top of the motorhome!OMG

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back