The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Rally heart

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wobet

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 25, 2010
Saint john, NB_Canada
So I have to do it. I love Dsm but I'm making the switch to evo this summer. Giving the girlfriend the spyder when she finishes getting her license. I just want to know what evo I should aim for. I will be paying full cash. And I have no money yet so I'm starting from scratch(I'm not in a hurry but I will be averaging 50-60hours a week at 10$.(minimum wage till college)

I dont want evo 1-3 because those years were the trial and error really. Mitsubishi new what they were going to improve on the next year after a couple weeks of it being released.

It will be used for rally(not right away). And it will be used as dd for one year.

You didn't really have a legit dsm anyways LOL

I would aim for the evo 8-9 because of the large aftermarket parts that are available. Both are similar with minor differences between the two.

The evo 10 is more of a DD then a race car.

One more thing, go to evolutionM.net for more information.

Last edited:
Please tell me where you're going to find an EVO in New-Brunswick for that price?! There's some JDM vendors in Montreal/Quebec/Toronto etc. but I only seen EVO I, II and III's, and they usually go for about ~$7,000CAD + for one in good shape. I don't know, I'm not trying to destroy your dream, I would definitely be happy for you but I'd still have a hard time seeing this happen, not this summer anyway.

Good luck though.

Why not just pick up a 1g and rally that? Just as good as evo with a smaller price tag. But if your set on an evo it is going to be easier to find a late model like an 8 or 9 easier than precious models. Maybe some 6nor 7s but i wound look for an early 8 ### it would be cheapest.

You didn't really have a legit dsm anyways LOL

I would aim for the evo 8-9 because of the large aftermarket parts that are available. Both are similar with minor differences between the two.

The evo 10 is more of a DD then a race car.

One more thing, go to evolutionM.net for more information.

LOL it's 100% Dsm. It's just not dsmtuner :p

I'll aim for 8-9

Please tell me where you're going to find an EVO in New-Brunswick for that price?! There's some JDM vendors in Montreal/Quebec/Toronto etc. but I only seen EVO I, II and III's, and they usually go for about ~$7,000CAD + for one in good shape. I don't know, I'm not trying to destroy your dream, I would definitely be happy for you but I'd still have a hard time seeing this happen, not this summer anyway.

Good luck though.

Haha I dont plan on buying it here. My range for search is anywhere from pei, Nfld, ns, nb, Quebec, and Ontario. That's a alright range to search :)

JDM or not is a big concern. I'm not to worried about have lhd vs rhd. And 7000 grand is fair. I am very good at managing my money. Lol I've done pretty good unemployed for the last 4 months with no credit card LOL.

Did you know about the evo ralley team in moncton?

Why not just pick up a 1g and rally that? Just as good as evo with a smaller price tag. But if your set on an evo it is going to be easier to find a late model like an 8 or 9 easier than precious models. Maybe some 6nor 7s but i wound look for an early 8 ### it would be cheapest.

I have been talking to mistubishi and they have an evo specific rally team. I qualify to drive for it if I get an evo. It sounds farfetched that a guy with minimal tuning knowledge would be in a position to drive for money, but I definitely have the poise and I will accomplish this goal within the five years. (to win a race for cash).

Anyone can do this, it's not just me (the qualifications are not that strict) only thing holding me back is not owning a Dsm.

Reason why they have accepted me as a possible driver is the lack of interest in my part of Canada :)

I agree with getting a 1g instead....much cheaper to insure and maintain...your just goin to rally the Piss out of it anyway

So far what I am getting out of this is.

Evo 8-9 have the most parts available, and most co-parts available between each other

Evo 4-7 are rare and precious like a type integra in the Honda world and are best left stock and maintained like a collector car?

And 1-3 were the platforms that Mitsubishi used mistakes to learn from. The first one with awd non hydraulic and and the second had a drastic change in drivetrain. The third was more suspension and angle? ( I'm just trying to get the most I could out of a ### YouTube vid LOL)

I agree with getting a 1g instead....much cheaper to insure and maintain...your just goin to rally the Piss out of it anyway

I understand that, and it was my first concern. But to enter the team it must be evo.

Also evo is one of my fav cars. So if I get one now, with low milage and good shape, I'll probably keep it many years

I'm not super worried about the body as long as the car isn't rebuilt.
And insurance isn't a concern. It's super cheap where i live.

(spyder in Ontario) 7grand year
(spyder in nb where I am) 2 grand

One speeding ticket. No collisions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back