The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Ralliart, Whats that mean to you?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bflood

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 31, 2008
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
I was wondering, whats Ralliart mean to you? do u think that name only applys to Evo's or Eclipse or what? I like seeing Mitsubishi vehicles modified to meet Ralliart spec's, and i also know that the Ralliart division modified Mitsubishi cars for rally racing as well as make regular Mitsubishi vehicles preform at a higher level of performance than stock. If you ever watched the movie 2 Fast and 2 Furious, even though a lot of things in that movie would not really happen, you can look at the Ralliart modified Evo7 and 3g Ecplise, and they have Ralliart written all over there cars. Ralliart is Mitsubishi's competitive edge in motor sports, just like Nismo is Nisson's or T.R.D. is Toyota's. So, what i am asking is, to you what makes a Mitsubishi vehicle, worthy of having the Ralliart title?

Simply put. The ralliart to me means the first mitsu ralliart. The 04 lancer 2.4 MIVEC ralliart. Only because I owned it :) but it was a quick little car for weighing a ton and being NA

The new ralliart lancers are sick...cheaper evos kinda. The old N/A ralliart lancers are ### and not fast AT all.

I'd daily a 2009 Lancer Ralliart. Same engine as an Evo X, smaller turbo, paddle-shift auto, and an $11k-lighter price tag.

Lacks the Evo X suspension and brakes, too.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

The new ralliart lancers are sick...cheaper evos kinda. The old N/A ralliart lancers are ### and not fast AT all.

For a full sedan NA they actually were on the quicker side of the scale. Obviously they're not going to be running 13's without a turbo.

Sadly I have to say that Ralliart really means jack and shit to me. If they had a pleathera of over the counter parts that could be purchased from dealers or a spot on Mitsubishi's website like oh I duno, Ford, GM, Subaru, Mazda etc. just to name a few. Hell I think you can even get Nismo stuff from Nissan dealers fairly easy. But to me, Mitsubishi has really failed in that area.

If they offered better than stock suspention componets, valve train componets, exhaust is at least now days not worth it for a manufacture imo, as everyone figured out it's just ####ing pipe LOL. And more or less can get the same results for a fraction of the price via fabricating your own, local exhaust shop or something aftermarket. But yea the stuff above, urathane and or derlin bushings etc. etc. Hard to come by actual performance and race parts. Then that would be something and I would be all about Ralliart.

But as things stand to me it's just that "thing" thats supposed to be Mitsubishis tuning step child that reall, well he's been a bit lazy. I mean all the Evo MR's and RS's, unless im wrong were all straight up Mitsubishi's doing and had jack shit to do with Ralliart. So really just what the #### have they contributed lately other than the newer AWD turbo Lancer? Which was DEMANDED to fill the grand canyon like void between the plain lancer and the Evo. Amazing how awesome and yet how stupid and slow Mitsubishi can be at times.

They can build some of the sickest things on the planet, but are 100% ####ing clueless when it comes to figuring out what the public wants in a car. And marketing themselfs to said public. (just my opinion) Besides, since Mitsubishi pulled out of WRC... um rally what? rally? really?

Hey, thanks for the input everyone that wrote. I always use to wonder what DSM owners thought about whenever they seen the Ralliart logo on the back of some Mitsubishi vehical going down the road or highway, or even at the track.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back