The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Radio install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NWHTanK

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 23, 2011
Odessa, Missouri
Ok here it goes. I have a 99 eclipse and 2g talon parts car. Both cars have aftermarket radios with pockets under them. Both radios swivel. Am i missing a part? Tryed lining the radios with other holes but i cant seam to get more than one screw per side to line up.

There should be 2 screws on each side. I had the same issue when I was installing mine, I took out one of the metal brackets (the you can only get one it to now) out to line it up to get both of the screws on one side to fit and the just re installed the bracket and just put one screw on the other side.

Hopefully this makes some sense!

If you can't get holes to line up then you don't have the right brackets or your radio is weird and doesn't have standard DIN mounting holes. The easiest thing to do (if you still can't find any correct linings-up.) would be to just drill some holes in the brackets to where there are some mounting holes on the radio.

Both radios are kenwoods. Its not like they are both krackos or sparkomatics. Just making sure.

I will take a pick when I get home.on another note im glad I took he interior apart because one of the rear speakers didnt have a mount and was stuck to the inner tub.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back