The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Radio Delete Panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clbailey

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 22, 2011
Senoia, Georgia
I got bored here at Langley AFB weekend duty. So I grabbed the radio bezel panel and started on designing a panel to put gauges and other stuff on. It will go just where the radio goes. Georgia summers are too hot to lose the A/C.

I havent't decided on material or thickness but I have plenty to choose from, I work sheetmetal in the AF.

Heres what I have so far, the tabs on top and bottom will be pop-rivited in into the lip on the radio bezel.

It still sit flush against the back of the trim. I will paint it wrinkle black when its all done and fabbed up.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

A quick search says a few of these have been done already.

I like the more permanent perfectionist way of doing things. Id rather not use any epoxys or thin abs material that wont like 3 gauges and a few switches and maybe the turbo timer weighing it down. And all the stuff to make it I have here free in the bench stock that never gets used.

Did anything ever become of this? I am considering making something similar out of aluminum.

Yep. I made it but haven't riveted it into place yet. Ill take a picture tomorrow of it speed taped to the back of the radio panel to take up the hole that was given to me.

I want to wait till I have drilled the holes out for the gauges so I have a solid backing to drill against so nothing becomes loose faster.

Yep. I made it but haven't riveted it into place yet. Ill take a picture tomorrow of it speed taped to the back of the radio panel to take up the hole that was given to me.

I want to wait till I have drilled the holes out for the gauges so I have a solid backing to drill against so nothing becomes loose faster.

Any pics yet? Very interested good sir. This could be useful for multiple people on the forums I am willing to bet.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back