The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Radio and Fuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mandie914

Probationary Member
Mar 28, 2011
White Plains, New_York
:ohdamn: Hey whats up guys. The radio in my car hasn't work in quite some time now so I decided to take a look at it. My friend who I bought the car from told me that the radio one day just stopped working. I thought to my self its probably the fuses. I replaced the radio fuses. No success. Then I replace the actual fuse under the clutch pedal. When I took a look at the fuse box whenever I touched a fuses or anything the light would go out and come on. I replaced the fuse and nothing. Then all of a sudden the radio starts working but my power windows does work and the anti lock light turned on. I turned the car off and the radio stopped working when I started the car again. The only thing that worked was the time on the radio but it wouldn't turn on. I took a better look at the fuses and it turns out that all of the fuses aren't in proper order. They don't match the diagram. I'm scared to touch any of the fuses because what happens if its laid out this way for a reason. What should I do.

:ohdamn: Hey whats up guys. The radio in my car hasn't work in quite some time now so I decided to take a look at it. My friend who I bought the car from told me that the radio one day just stopped working. I thought to my self its probably the fuses. I replaced the radio fuses. No success. Then I replace the actual fuse under the clutch pedal. When I took a look at the fuse box whenever I touched a fuses or anything the light would go out and come on. I replaced the fuse and nothing. Then all of a sudden the radio starts working but my power windows does work and the anti lock light turned on. I turned the car off and the radio stopped working when I started the car again. The only thing that worked was the time on the radio but it wouldn't turn on. I took a better look at the fuses and it turns out that all of the fuses aren't in proper order. They don't match the diagram. I'm scared to touch any of the fuses because what happens if its laid out this way for a reason. What should I do.

Take a picture of how they are now. A GOOD high res picture. If it turns out they were supposed to be that way, put them back.

I took a second look. I replaced the fuse and put the right fuses where there suppose to go. Everything continued to work properly but the radio still didn't work. this time I actually check the ground wire and it looks like its been cut. I think this is where the problem is occurring so I'm gonna rewire the ground wire and see what happens.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back