The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Radiators

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TJCTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 20, 2009
Nebraska
Before you guys start yelling at me, I did research and I saw a guy on here that got a mishimoto radiator for around 200$ shipped from a supporting vender.
Does anyone have any feedback or advice with using this radiator?
What other radiators would you recommend?
Im on a bit of a budget and all I want to do is get the Talon running again.
If so can you provide a link and SOME ACTUAL reasoning on why you choose that radiator.
I really appreciate it,
Taran

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Is this the right radiator though? It doesnt specify whether its for the 4g63 or 420.
Anyone else have anything? I really like the sound of the mishomoto radiator for around 200$.
I know brand name doesnt mean anything but sometime its scary. Id rather be safe and stick with the best.

I have had the Mishimoto in my 2gen and current 1gen, for the price I'd have to say it is an excellent radiator. Good build quality, good welds, no leaks, and has added almost 1 gal. capacity to the cooling system:thumb: I've ran these with no issues for over 2 years (stock hp levels:() and very happy with performance, but may be too much for the cold arse winters in the mid west(cooling fans rarely kick on below 20 degrees, even long idling periods).

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Yup just keep your eye out for the lowest listing on ebay....I'm sure you'll find one in your favorable price range.

I have this rad (it's my second). Reason being is that the first one started leaking out the core walls....after only a year (not even).
Contacted Mishimoto direct, and they sent a replacement for only $10 shipping, so their warranty is pretty fair.
The second one looked to be a slightly revamped version of the first. From my understanding, and according to info I read on a Mustang forum (yes, mustang...its my buddy's weapon of choice, so dont hate!), Mishimoto apparently redesigned their rads due to inherent design flaws. (a definate way to tell is by the drain plug. The older ones had a leaky wing nut drain plug....newer version has a beefier hex style plug that seals better and doesnt leak) Core walls appear a little thicker as well.

So far, no issues with this rad....but if there is, they have a great warranty (I wonder why :rolleyes:)

honestly bro.. an aluminum radiator is a radiator.. chemistry wise all aluminum is the same. . and most aluminum used has been used before for other stuff unless they use virgin aluminum . .they will both decipate heat off the same. no matter what. but most people want to buy the brand. . just trying to save u a few bucks for the same effect. . and please if anyone is going to tell me something about the brand.. at least back it up.. dont just say its better because its mishimoto.. . as long as the welding is A+ than u will have no problem. .

I totally agree with you man.
But when you have a radiator with plastic end tanks, there not all the same. Some are just better made. Im just trying to buy a radiator that will last me. Just looking for advice. You guys have more experience. I dont want to shell out another 250$ down the road. You guys can all understand that.
Thanks,
Taran

yeah i had a plastic tank and it leaked so i bought a aluminum one. had this radiator for about 6 months and works great.. if u want mishimoto go for it. but i am just saying the ebay one will save u almost$50 bucks. u can use that to help save for ## next mod.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back