The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

420A Radiator Options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLACK'98DSM

5+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2019
Alabama
So I know back in the day there were 2 companies that made full aluminum radiators for the 420a Eclipses. Neither of them make those products anymore and trying to find a used one is a joke. So what are our current options for upgraded radiators on the 2gnt's? Do we just have to buy one that's not meant for the car and make it work? Or is somebody just really good at hiding their product...

I recently saw a YouTube video about using a 1g radiator and hoses. But you have to modify the lower water line and delete the heater hoses. I'm perfectly fine with no A/C but I'd like to maintain heat, at least until I'm ready to store it in the garage all winter every year.

I'm perfectly fine with buying universal cooling fans and making them work. I know of the good brands for those and mocking them up is usually easy. I have just never wanted to use universal parts on something like a radiator. Being properly mounted and supported is important, as well as the cooling and flowing capabilities.

Not a direct solution but I bought a cheap $100 2 row Fenix ebay radiator for my gst back in 2014 and its been absolutely great. I just did a quick search on ebay myself and didn't see anything n/t but you could get a turbo version and have the lower hose nipple moved to the opposite side to fit your car. Right before I bought that aluminum, my stock radiator cracked all the way across the bottom and the only way I could get home was to buy a junkyard radiator but all I could find was a n/t one. The only difference was the lower hose being on the wrong side.

Thanks for the links Marty. Unfortunately those won't work with the 2gnt's. Of course I could probably make them work. I just want to keep my heat and don't want any kinks in any hoses. Use this picture for reference, the upper connection point is towards the passenger side of the car while the one for the turbo models is almost dead center.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

That is why my oldest son used a 1g radiator in his 97 Talon TSI then. I think he had some other "custom" work done to it also.
I couldn't see where the bottom fitting was. Everybody's pictures are from the top, and I can't blame them. You don't want to see the bottom of my car.
Your engine bay sure looks CLEAN!!!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back