The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Racing in memory of Wendy Renee Pate ( Girlieracr4g63)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toubaby2

15+ Year Contributor
Apr 24, 2006
Aberdeen, Maryland
As some of you know Wendy was a very close friend of mine. Luckily I was able to spend her last days with her. She may not be with me in body but she is with me in spirit; which has lead me to the desicion that I am about to tell you about. Since the ATV accident I had 2 years ago and the changes that have been made to the laser I have not been able to drive it. I miss racing and the only way to fix that is to race again.

As a memorial to Wendy and to fulfill one of her wishes ( she wanted us to go down the track side by side, now she will just be beside me in the passenger seat) and with the help and support of Shawn, Russ, Rob, and the rest of our crew I am going to be racing a car in the NHRA Lucas Oils Series. The plan is that I will be racing in Stock Eliminator.

The problem is that we have to find me a car that fits in to the NHRA rules and regulations. So I'm asking for everyone's help in locating a car for me. I will be selling the VR4 to fund the new endevor. So if you are interested in that let Shawn know. We need to find a 1g, awd, auto, turbo, and that is very stock. We will take a laser, eclipse, or talon and make it legal, but the laser is already approved. There are very few things that can be changed with the car to be legal. If you pm Shawn he can let you know exaclty what is acceptable and what is not. So just be on the lookout for anything that you see for sale. Or that you might be willing to sell.

We do not want donations or freebies, but if there are any business's interested in a sponsoring partnership we are interested. We will be attending NHRA national and divisional events and this a great opportunity for your company's exposure. This past weekend at the NHRA Lucas Oils Atco NJ Race the laser was the 1st ever Comp Eliminator BB/AF car to go down the track and was featured on Drag Race Central's website. http://www.dragracecentral.com/DRCPhoto.asp?ID=203285&Filter=100#indextop

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Sandra
Boost Boyz & Girlz Racing

Last edited:
Sandra,

I love you for this! Brent's motor locked up and he now has a new car. It is automatic and FWD. Please get with me so we can make this happen. Wendy would want you to get this car since it is Brents.

I posted in her thread today also. I will get her car to the track really soon. It has even been tough for me to look at the car much less get in it and drive it. I am ready now!!!

Call me!

Best wishes,
Brad Pate

Damn I wish Brents was AWD. We need auto and AWD. Keep your eyes open for me though.

Sandra,

I love you for this! Brent's motor locked up and he now has a new car. It is automatic and FWD. Please get with me so we can make this happen. Wendy would want you to get this car since it is Brents.

I posted in her thread today also. I will get her car to the track really soon. It has even been tough for me to look at the car much less get in it and drive it. I am ready now!!!

Call me!

Best wishes,
Brad Pate

I will take a look around for something this week for y'all as I'm on vaca so I can attend pinks on saturday. Usually not too hard to find 1g's up my way. BTW, does it have to be running? Good luck you guys have one of the best crews going and any company would be lucky to sponser you!

Hey guy how's it going? Have fun at PINKS this weekend, Are you racing or just spectating? If you are racing I'll se if we can mak it up to watch you. How is your wife? Tell her I said hello. No it doesn't have to be running, Shawn can fix that. it just needs to be auto, awd, 1gb, and as close to stock as possible.

We'll be at Maple Grove at the end of this month for NHRA with the laser, if I'm lucky I'll have a new car there for me too.

I will take a look around for something this week for y'all as I'm on vaca so I can attend pinks on saturday. Usually not too hard to find 1g's up my way. BTW, does it have to be running? Good luck you guys have one of the best crews going and any company would be lucky to sponser you!

I promise you that as long as we don't have a race on the weekend that I'll be at the NE meet and I'll bring th new addition.

Agreed, but more motivation to keep moving forward.

I'm glad to see you're taking the leap, Sandra. Goodluck on the journey and remind us to come and see you take the trip down the 1320 :rocks: Even better if you take the new monster to the NE meet this year :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back