The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Racing games turn off my computer!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

02BLUR

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 6, 2003
Bothell, Washington
What the hell is going on here? CMR2005, Flatout and CrossRacingChampionship all make my computer turn OFF and reboot :x CMR2, Command and Conquer and PlanetSide run fine. I don't get what is going on? They worked before! Now all of a sudden they don't work!

AMD 1.2Ghz
768MB RAM
Geforce FX5200 128MB vid card

300W Pwr supply

Oh well, new computer comin in tomorrow! I just hope its not my video card!

maybe you were speedind and the internet police had a warrent out for your computers arrest and right now your computers playing dead till the coast is clear... give it a couple of days till it all blows over.... :thumb:

The most probable cause . . .

gpu/cpu/chipset/ram overheat

The NV3x chipsets made by nvidia are heatwhores, add to that they are power hungry. Your puny 300w power supply is barely keeping your system alive as it is, when you play games things really get hot. The longer you play the likelyhood of a crash becomes more imminent. Bottom line is your system is overheating and turning itself off.

Solving your issues is as simple as getting yourself a 400w (or higher but that is more than plenty for your setup) and increase cooling in your box.

Start by cleaning out the dirt and tidying up your wires so that it doesn't look like a jungle.

I could write a book on topics like this. PM or email me if you want more info.

I would say powersupply, but the last time my 'puter did something like that was when the caps were about to blow. In some years they put the wrong type of capacitors on mb's. Make sure the caps by your video card, power supply connector and everywhere else on the motherboard are not bulged or have some kind fungus look on the top of it.

make sure yoru vid drivers are upto date...i had that happen to me on my a couple of my computers and pretty much upgrades to a better system and bam...went away...could be a conflict with your vid card and motherboard...make sure their compatiable some motherboards only allow certian voltage rating on the agp slot so make sure their the same. also update ur direct x

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back