The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

racer x scam (proof)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hooah

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 10, 2003
Olathe, Kansas
Ok so talkin to a guy on here about shep trannies becuase he says he got the racer x sponsorship.....the one i was thinking of getting..he siad that they give 10-12% on shep trannies...well this is what shep had to say:

They supposedly do offer a discounted price. Compare it to a sams club type membership. Honestly it is much easier to just send the tranny to me and I will try and give you the best deal. Problem is that some of my stuff is already discounted up to 20% so I cannot give a 10% discount on the complete total.
John Shepherd
www.shepracing.com

so there ya go..proof

If you have to pay for it, or it's not handled directly with the company then it's not sponsorship.

It's not like shep has a huge outfit where he can sponsor a bunch of racers etc and it's easy money for him.

Racer X is sponsoring themselves with your money.

Originally posted by DSMJim
If you have to pay for it, or it's not handled directly with the company then it's not sponsorship.

It's not like shep has a huge outfit where he can sponsor a bunch of racers etc and it's easy money for him.

Racer X is sponsoring themselves with your money.

But yet you get a thread a week about it and people try to defend them rather to listen to people who know. Makes a lot of sense. Im going to save this post so that it can be linked the next time someone comes on wanting to know what to do.

I say we let the 16 year olds get suckered out of their money. Some people have to learn the hard way.

Originally posted by leet
I say we let the 16 year olds get suckered out of their money. Some people have to learn the hard way.

I was a 16year old that got suckered out of his money and it really hurt me a lot when that happened. The guy who suckered me for fixing a hole in my transmission telling me that it may have been from a rock that got flug up took like $400 of my money. When your 16 and don't know anything about cars and have even less money and a guy does that, it really sucks.

A hole in my trans from a rock, I believed him and almost deserved to lose my money... Almost... :mad:

The funny thing is that Racer X's shop doesnt even exist anymore, they packed up and left. Also interesting to know is that MotoRex brought up a lawsuit against them for illegally using their name in their supposed "Enter and win a skyline" sweepstakes.

-Scott

Funny thing I don't understand is where all the money for advertisement came from, and why the hell did John Sheppard use their sticker on his car? Was he acctually sponsored by them or what?

I was a 16year old that got suckered out of his money and it really hurt me a lot when that happened. The guy who suckered me for fixing a hole in my transmission telling me that it may have been from a rock that got flug up took like $400 of my money. When your 16 and don't know anything about cars and have even less money and a guy does that, it really sucks.

A hole in my trans from a rock, I believed him and almost deserved to lose my money... Almost... :mad:

I got suckered once, but not with the car. Live and learn, Jim... :(

hey guys this has been brought to my attention as to what way am i affiliated with this co. just to let everyone know I'M IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH RACERX MOTORSPORTS...

Originally posted by RACER-X
hey guys this has been brought to my attention as to what way am i affiliated with this co. just to let everyone know I'M IN NO WAY AFFILIATED WITH RACERX MOTORSPORTS...

hahaha :laugh: that whole sponsorship setup is such a joke

Funny thing I don't understand is where all the money for advertisement came from, and why the hell did John Sheppard use their sticker on his car? Was he acctually sponsored by them or what?

Well when you are making $75 a pop off of like 20,000 people it doesn't take much. Apparently Eric, the guy who ran Racer X's shop, is still running his business out of someplace in Newark, DE.

-Scott

Hi,

I have a 2 year contract with them for up to 50% off and up to $10,000. When I called to place the first order. The percentages off were still more expensive then a lot of websites offer their prices. Example: they have a 52% discount on the MSD DIS 2, but the cost still was $350. I found it for less then $300. I made them a offer to lower their cost and never hurt back from them. DO NOT SIGN A CONTRACT WITH THEM, BECAUSE THEY WILL CHARGE YOU $75 TO SET UP THE ACCOUNT WITH THEM.

Sincerely,

Sven

If it sounds too good to be true.....

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back