The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Raced A Type R vs 97 GST

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMWHATR

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2004
Chicago, Illinois
So I finally raced my friends Type R with I/E/H and he had his head build. We went from 35mph. Took him about 1.5car on low boost (what ever the stock boost is on 16g) We went to about 120mph on I290. We raced 2 times and same results bout times. I have a video but will post it later. Man I was surprised that my car was that fast on low boost. The funny thing is he was the one talking trash and saying how is Type R is Fast and stuff.

Well...........

Yep........sorry man, youre gonna get flamed....

<<<< Ducks and Covers

mitsuclipsegsx said:
good kill, type R intergra???

Yeah I will post the video as soon as i get it on pc.

It just made me feel so good when i beat him i just had to share... :thumb:

Hurry up and post that vid, I have been wanting to watch a GST pulling a Type R. Oh yeah, good kill.

good kill, but it's not a good choice to post kill stories on this board from what I hear.

Anyways, someone I know also has a Type-R with I/H/E and he's ALWAYS talking smack to me about how my DSM will never keep up :rolleyes: . That might be true as of now, but this summer it'll be a different story as long as he doesn't slap a 16g on the thing.

Stories cannot hold water, without a timeslip.

Take it to the track and tell us how fast your beast is.

BMWHATR said:
(what ever the stock boost is on 16g)

So you have no idea how much boost your putting out, but you've already upgraded to a 16g?

SikRacing97GST said:
according to his profile he is running 15.8 1/4mile and still in the 10s 1/8th :shhh:

That was when i had my t25 with blown blow off valve that was leeking bad and i had no mods.Plus my first time to track.

tsitalon92 said:
So you have no idea how much boost your putting out, but you've already upgraded to a 16g?

Its 9psi @ 5000RPM about 10psi @6000rpm and 11almoust at redline. Kind of wierd

97eclipseRS said:
was it an actual type r or just a usdm integra with type r stickers? :dsm:

It was actual type R. The only reson we raced from rool cuz i have no traction on 1st

BMWHATR said:
That was when i had my t25 with blown blow off valve that was leeking bad and i had no mods.Plus my first time to track.

Its 9psi @ 5000RPM about 10psi @6000rpm and 11almoust at redline. Kind of wierd

It was actual type R. The only reson we raced from rool cuz i have no traction on 1st

how many lugs on the wheels? :dsm:

Like I said to people before and i will say again " all racing stories are BC till proven otherwise" So I will take couple of pictures and video and will post it asap. I know its sound bc but I will prove it

Don't bother.

We aren't streetracers.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back