The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

rabenne's street car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I thought at first it might be one of his usual jokes, because the first thing I saw was his "mummy" shot.
But no. It is awful.
I thought that to as i woke and and saw this first thing on his page. As i clicked more and then onto his profile and his picture it made sure it was not a joke and i felt really sad for him and the situation! Sucks this happend but at least he is alive and hopefully going to recover well.

My stuff also. So my build is finnaly over.
Let's hope insurance will cover some of this, even though we know some of the parts he had are no longer available. Terrible situation, but man am I glad Tim will recover from the burns. I'm betting he was trying to save it.

Lets just all be so thankful that Tim is still with us! I would bet he will try to salvage anything that can be. Thats the kind of guy he is. 🙏

Let's hope insurance will cover some of this, even though we know some of the parts he had are no longer available. Terrible situation, but man am I glad Tim will recover from the burns. I'm betting he was trying to save it.
He did all he could.

Lets just all be so thankful that Tim is still with us! I would bet he will try to salvage anything that can be. Thats the kind of guy he is. 🙏
I’m so sorry to hear this happened for all the obvious reasons. My wife is probably right when I told her what happened she said none of that stuff is worth dying for. Yah obviously she’s right, but we are a special breed aren’t we? I hope he recovers quickly.

Just learned of the TMZ shop fire. Very glad Tim is okay. Sadly, my built trans with a broken 4th gear, 4 spider, KAAZ LSD, etc, along with my 300m transfer case with billet housing all got completely destroyed in the fire.

This one really hurts. It took me (a poor person) years to save the money and find all the parts to put that driveline together. I didn't even make it through tuning before breaking it. Almost 2 years later and I'm finding out I wont be getting those back, really a gut punch.

I have no idea if I will be able to recover any of the funds I had wrapped up in these parts. Fingers crossed for Tim that insurance comes through. Although it is unclear how my parts would be valued.

Did anyone else lose parts? Misery loves company.

EDIT: @fourgsixty3 @NWHTanK - guys, I am sorry for your losses. its heartbreaking

It didn't sound promising when I was messaging him. I am trying to be positive, but it is not easy. Fingers crossed

Last edited:
Just learned of the TMZ shop fire. Very glad Tim is okay. Sadly, my built trans with a broken 4th gear, 4 spider, KAAZ LSD, etc, along with my 300m transfer case with billet housing all got completely destroyed in the fire.

This one really hurts. It took me (a poor person) years to save the money and find all the parts to put that driveline together. I didn't even make it through tuning before breaking it. Almost 2 years later and I'm finding out I wont be getting those back, really a gut punch.

I have no idea if I will be able to recover any of the funds I had wrapped up in these parts. Fingers crossed for Tim that insurance comes through. Although it is unclear how my parts would be valued.

Did anyone else lose parts? Misery loves company.

EDIT: @fourgsixty3 @NWHTanK - guys, I am sorry for your losses. its heartbreaking
Sorry Rabenne. I didn't see you post anything so I figured you were in the clear. I'm certain Tim will do his best to make sure we're taken care of. That being said, I picked up 2 transmissions, one from a GSX locally and an EVO2 from jersygsx which I should have here soon. Tank is going RWD so this would be of no use to him but those 2 transmissions should have enough parts to get both of us going again hopefully. I will be using Neat spider gears so the 2 sets of OEM gears can be used to build a second 4 spider center as long as there are no major issues with both transmissions. I still need to source that bad ass cross shaft though. Keep your head up and try to stay positive. Believe me, I was completely deflated at first but now I'm even more determined to get it finished.

Sorry Rabenne. I didn't see you post anything so I figured you were in the clear. I'm certain Tim will do his best to make sure we're taken care of. That being said, I picked up 2 transmissions, one from a GSX locally and an EVO2 from jersygsx which I should have here soon. Tank is going RWD so this would be of no use to him but those 2 transmissions should have enough parts to get both of us going again hopefully. I will be using Neat spider gears so the 2 sets of OEM gears can be used to build a second 4 spider center as long as there are no major issues with both transmissions. I still need to source that bad ass cross shaft though. Keep your head up and try to stay positive. Believe me, I was completely deflated at first but now I'm even more determined to get it finished.
Thanks man, that is super nice of you. I really love this community. I appreciate it beyond most things the internet brings me. To be transparent, I haven't decide how to proceed.

Options floating around in my head:
1. Part it out. Get as much as I can for every part, down to the last part.
2. Rebuild the spare stock transmission, ditch the DSS driveshaft, use a spare t-case, ditch the hx40 setup, hope for the best in the future.
3. something more radical in this chassis
4. sell it

Did I mention my MR got the common shift fork 4 failure last week?

5. sell everything, buy a kia rio, retire sooner

Thanks man, that is super nice of you. I really love this community. I appreciate it beyond most things the internet brings me. To be transparent, I haven't decide how to proceed.

2. Rebuild the spare stock transmission, ditch the DSS driveshaft, use a spare t-case, ditch the hx40 setup, hope for the best in the future.
4. sell it

Well the offer stands if you decide to continue with the build, which I hope you do. If not, please for the love of all that is holy, don't buy a KIA.

Well the offer stands if you decide to continue with the build, which I hope you do. If not, please for the love of all that is holy, don't buy a KIA.
hey i got a kia LOL it good for my daily haha

but i agree he should not give up, things could be alot worse! parts can be found but lives cannot, we need to look into the stock oem build parts to a current spec and age / treatments as im sure then vs now will be at least about 50% better and stronger to make them last longer.

4. sell it

@rabenne

Hope you'll stop being stubborn about the new pw requirements and login to post some updates. 😏

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back