The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

R.I.P. - Missed Deer FTL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That cop doesn't looks like he believed you, I too had to use the deer story :thumb:

i know. he comes back and is like "were you street racing?"....i was like "yea i was totally street racing at 7am trying to get to work....####in dumbass

Deer are slow, I beat them all the time.

Sucks about the car. Hopefully you'll get your money and can buy another.

86650d1219373598-r-i-p-missed-deer-ftl-hpim2723.jpg

Dibs on the frontmount!

Let this be a lesson to others, you are better off just to hit anything smaller then a moose, inexperience with collision avoidance will land you with the above^... For my job we had to take collision avoidance, we work in remote northern areas littered with animals, and often ice/snow covered roads.. Sometimes even ice roads.. If anything make a small adjustment to try and avoid it, and try and scrub off as much speed as possible.. Just don't grab a handful of steering wheel.

I just moved to Missouri from Southern California and now I have to deal with Animals bigger than a dog in the roads at dusk. When the sun goes down, so does my MPH. I will drive 50 in a 65, 30 in a 45. Cant risk my car, i will just have to leave early.

I just moved to Missouri from Southern California and now I have to deal with Animals bigger than a dog in the roads at dusk. When the sun goes down, so does my MPH. I will drive 50 in a 65, 30 in a 45. Cant risk my car, i will just have to leave early.

haha yea i heard that. i was doing 80+....im just happy to be here to tell everyone about it

^^^ Yeah, I've noticed that too. Northstar White 2g's are dropping like flies.

Reminds me of one other thread.. She's gone. GSX: Stolen/Recovered/TOTALED

Maybe there is a conspiracy out there against white 2g's. Makes me want to be extra careful with mine. :|

^ yea everyone ### be careful. just take it down a notch or two cause its not worth it

Although my accident didn't involve a DSM,many years ago I hit 4 deer at once in an '87 Mustang. I was driving through a fog bank that covered a few car lengths of road. I changed lanes from the passing lane(which was free of fog mind you) to the right lane just as I cleared the fog...to my surprise 4 deer were in the middle of the road,trying to cross at once! I had no time to react,and barely managed to hit my brakes before I hit them...65 mph to deer was not fun...I barely managed to get my car to the berm of the road...and I'm glad my three passengers were unhurt. Deer were everywhere,it was crazy..glad you're ok

^ yea i thought it was the black cars that had all the accidents????

I would find the deer, and eat the hell out of it! PIECE BY PIECE! HAHA

Hahahaha I Just shot Coors Light out my nose when I read this ROFLROFL

Glad to see you didn't get hurt too bad...Next time try to drift around that b!tch.

When I see deer I rev my engine and they run away. I swear it works.
You probably didn't have time for that though.

Another one bites the dust.... LOL

Im starting to get scared, At least mines not a GSX :D

But seriously glad your ok. Always hit the deer LOL Never swerve! My mom manged to hit one in her esclade about a year ago and did $10,000 in damage when it just looked like a broken grill.

Damn deer. They wait in the road and jump out of the way then watch and laugh as cars swerve out of control. I think it's a game they play when they're bored. Heh Heh.

Could have been worse. Every thing happens for a reason man.

Glad to see your ok.... ive had to dodge a deer once or twice as well...but let me tell you ive taken out my fair share of small animals....the count is 5 right now between cats, possums and raccoons. haha But hey your alive thats all that matters...oh and ill take that 16g off ya if you can pull it.... (hit me up im looking to buy one)

^ yea the car is totaled and the deer went home untouched....im gonna go hunting tomorrow and i hope i see that bi***

See, this is why there are still dsm's around. All the working ones keep getting into accidents while all the track/broken ones are safe :) Sucks to lose you car, in my 91 AWD TSI I hit a bear at 80(kmh) in a 100kmh, it ran out after a semi hit me drivers side and killed a good portion of my front end, needles to say it no longer has a head. Glad to hear you're alright.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back