The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

R.I.P. - Missed Deer FTL

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ummdsmwhat

10+ Year Contributor
May 27, 2008
West Point, New_York
Well....where can i start? I just got out of the hospital with a back injury and burn on my arm and just a lil shookin up. I was doing a lil over the speed limit and a deer jumped out infront of me and i swerved to miss it and lost control and slammed into the barrier and spun around 3-4 times. So my 1997 Mitsubishi GSX shall R.I.P

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please tell me you at least clipped the dear so the insurance company will consider it an act of God and not fault you for the accident? That's terrible man sorry to hear about your car.

wow your car got jacked up. sorry to hear that man hope everything goes ok for you from here

Let this be a lesson to others, you are better off just to hit anything smaller then a moose, inexperience with collision avoidance will land you with the above^... For my job we had to take collision avoidance, we work in remote northern areas littered with animals, and often ice/snow covered roads.. Sometimes even ice roads.. If anything make a small adjustment to try and avoid it, and try and scrub off as much speed as possible.. Just don't grab a handful of steering wheel.

Man, i feel for ya, that totally blows. But ^^ is very true, woulda been better off to just have nailed the thing. you might have been able to still drive it home, But whats done is done! Salvage what you can off it ans start again i guess.

LOL, i just noticed that SBR sticker on your pass mirror. I Blame them for making your car too fast! LOL

I would find the deer, and eat the hell out of it! PIECE BY PIECE! HAHA

BTW, nice to know you're fine. That's what matters.

I hit two dear in one night a couple of years ago. The first one took out my drivers head lamp and the second got my pass side and hood and radiator.

Glad you are ok... that really sucks tho.

They will probably make you pay for the guard rail you scratched! assholes!

Let this be a lesson to others, you are better off just to hit anything smaller then a moose, inexperience with collision avoidance will land you with the above^... For my job we had to take collision avoidance, we work in remote northern areas littered with animals, and often ice/snow covered roads.. Sometimes even ice roads.. If anything make a small adjustment to try and avoid it, and try and scrub off as much speed as possible.. Just don't grab a handful of steering wheel.

Well, not everyone is trained in "collision avoidance". Sometimes things happen so quickly, its hard to react perfectly. When a deer jumps out in front of you, you rarly have enough time to think about what you are going to do to avoid it, or if you should just hit it! I know from experience as I have been in aloooot of hairy driving situations, mostly from other retards on the road, and luckily I have escaped all of them scratch free. But we're not always that fortunate as shown above.

Sorry about your car man, sucks about what happened. Cars are just cars but good thing you are alive though. Yeah hopefully you can get somthing from insurance but I doubt it.
Did your car have the front bumper support on it? Mine doesnt and I have wondered how well it would hold up in a crash, I'm guessing not too well.

Man that sucks my 1g got hit at the auto part store but your car looks far worse.I hope the insurance company take good care of you like me.:laser:

hey bud at least your okay thats all that matters. it will be one year ago this Saturday that i got hit by a gmc sierra in my vw golf gti. needless to say the truck won. i was not even 1/2 a mile to the where the med flight helicopter is and because it was nasty out they didn't want to risk flying. i had a 20 percent chance to live and i don't remember the whole thing but the ride to the hospital was hell. i had broken all three bones in my left leg and dislocated my toe. but i also had bleeding in the occipital lobe of my brain. but im alive and doing well. i lost my full ride wrestling scholarship to eastern mich univ but im happy to be alive. funny thing tho the broken bones hurt but the thing that hurt the most was that damn dislocated toe. well just thank someone that your alive that coulda been worse.

Glad to see your ok man Sucks about your car! Good thing you walked away alive man it could have been worse even in a low speed crash...

I lost a Friend 2 years ago In a Freak wreck in a EVO 8, He was Ridding shotgun in the passenger side and the car had a broken transfer so when they hit water they hydroplaned, the driver over corrected and spun into the Center median at 40mph hitting a light pole killing him instantly since the car hit the pole on the passenger side knocking it down....

They cut the roof of trying to save him, But we were told he did not suffer.

Aww man that was a nice lookin gsx. Was there a fire? Happy to hear you're ok though. If you want to auction off the organs hit me up :p

whoa... whats happening to you white 2gb gsx guys? why are you crashing your cars? Its all the nice and clean one's too.

Sucks to here, but glad you are okay.

That cop doesn't looks like he believed you, I too had to use the deer story :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back