The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Rix Racing

Quick question about Shift kits/end clutchs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasoncitrano

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 10, 2004
schaumburg, Illinois
Ok i have a good amount of mods done and i think it's time to start doing some Preventive maintence to my trans. First off on a scale of 1-10 how tough is it to install the shift kit

on a scale of 1-10 how tough is it to install the end clutches if anybody has precedures that'd be great.

P.S. i've been working on cars for years just haven't dealt with automatic transmissions before but i'm defintily mechanically capable.

http://www.plymouthlaser.com/ see for yourself how hard it is. and also. if you think the shift kit looks way tooo f'in hard then you can get the whole valve body from IPT. they will sell the whole valve body w/shift kit installed! much easier! thats what im going to do! :thumb:

I've done the end clutch mod, and it's pretty simple. Just follow the instructions on plymouthlaser, and you'll be fine. As far as the shift kit, my transmission took a crap on me before I got that installed. Most problems seem to come from modifying the manual valve, so IPT now sells it with the work already done to it. I'll probably end up ordering the whole valve body, but it doesn't have anything to do with fear of installing it. I just can't afford any downtime.

Ryan

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back