The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

1G Quick CTS-V brake upgrade question (rim offset)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

It will stick out but if you look at it in stock form the front sticks out a lot more then the rear with evo wheels so it will just match plus negative camber hopefully will help it tuck.

Have you giving any thoughts to toe at all? Do you believe there is enough adjustment to account for the additional length? If the arms are that much longer bolting on the stock upper and lower control arms will give you tons to toe out in the rear. Also what is the effective length of the 3/S arm compared to stock?

I did and if needed then I need adjustable arms in the rear. That's why I don't want to just jump in and start taking the car apart. I like to keep my car in a turn key state and until I collect all the parts I am not starting this project. Thankfully on 1g you have the options of installing 4 adjustable control arms. They might not last but the option is there.

As far as length I spend weeks researching and I could not find any info on this as this is not very popular swap. It's been don't few times on galant forums but that's it. So i can not answer you all the questions as I don't have my original arms off the car to compare side by side. Visually they look identical. The hub sticks out more and that will not change toe. The shock mounting location is like 2 inch lower and brake line brackets are differant location. Offset of the evo calipers is differant and need to shave 4mm to clear but it bolts on. When I will know for sure I will create a thread. I am very sorry to OP but I just wanted to show that their is a solution for brake bias. It's not cheap but their is a way.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back