The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Quick AN fitting help

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeNoZZo

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 6, 2008
Waterloo, Iowa
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

This is an AN hose fitting on the underside of my turbo. Which way would I spin the middle nut to tighten things up?

It looks to be bottomed out already. From what i can tell in that picture, it should tighten against the piece on the right/bottom.

The piece on the top/left should free spin from the rest as to tighten it the flange with out spinning the line.

That middle "nut" is actually a barbed piece that goes inside the SS hose. Then that bottom nut tightens over it to hold it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

If the fitting is loose on that adapter bolted to the turbo, you need to tighten that top nut (clockwise).

This is an AN hose fitting on the underside of my turbo. Which way would I spin the middle nut to tighten things up?
Righty tighty, lefty loosey. :thumb:

And I hope you're referring to this part of the fitting, which is technically considered to be the "nut" of the fitting:

Attachments

• ad1ca5da-5db0-04da.jpg
    ad1ca5da-5db0-04da.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 107
FYI, the bottom part will never touch the top (if that makes any sense), these are swivel fittings so there needs to be room for the fitting to turn before being tightened. Looks like someone didint have access to aluminum wrenches.... OMG

Definitely didn't have any alum wrenches LOL..

But no guys, I'm taking about the "thin" nut in between the two big ones. It's somewhat difficult to see in the pictures.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back