The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Questions On 99 spyder gs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trivium

Probationary Member
Apr 4, 2010
Hampton, New_Hampshire
Hey guys just litterally bought a 1999 eclipe gs for 500 bucks. WHAT A STEAK. only problem is that it wont shift into reverse no worries thought because i can rebuild it. I'm still a n33b to mitsubishi's so i figured i'd ask u guys an engine question.

Should i swap it to the 4g63t

or just keep the 4g64

can anyone tell me the pros n cons of both n which one they would recommend doing n why

thanks
triv

what are your goals with the car? if you want to be turbo you can build it and it wil be a torquier verision of the 4g63

Last edited:
these are my long term goals

fwd to awd conversion

500+ hp

custom interior

i know there big goals but like i siad this project will take me about 2 years

Ok, well if this is a street driven car i would suggest building the 4g64 in your car now. To reach 500 hp your going to have to build internals either way. The turbo components will bolt up like they would to a 4g63 (after you swap to a dohc head from the 4g63). Decide what fuel you want to run (pump or e85) and pick your fuel system and turbo based off that.

As far as the awd swap there are write ups on that, just search. It is easier to do on the spyders i believe. You might as well find a cheap gsx parts car so you can pull various parts for your 4g64 build as well. You would probably save money in the long run.

I would also suggest swapping to an eprom ecu and running ecm link or getting a flashable ecu. Just search on here if your unsure what i'm talking about.

And throw up some pictures, you got that really cheap! O and make sure there is no rust, you definitely want to take care of all rust/maintenance FIRST.

good luck

Last edited:
like i was saying im still fairly new to the dsm's but ive been working on cadillacs my whole life. Since the 4g64 is non turbo. n im gonna need to spaw the 4g63 head. How would i end up turboing the motor thats my question. Sorry for all the n33b questions guys

BUmp BUmp Bump

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back