The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

questions on 14B to big 16G swap on 1g..

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turbo_Joe

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 13, 2008
Washington, Indiana
I know this had to have been asked 1000 times but I cant find a straight answer with the search function. Im swapping from a 14b to big 16g on my 92 GSX and I need to know what all I need to do it. I know on the 2g's you need some kind of a install kit but what about the 1gs? What all do I need to bolt it on and hook it up? Also I plan on upgrading to a Walbro 255 and doing the wire upgrades. Im running some blue top injectors that I was told that they were like 450's or something, stock I assume. Should I change them to bigger ones. I was told that the Evo III's is like 560's or something. Will those work well? Im getting a palm logger and a SAFC II also with a 2g mas.. thanks..

E3 16g is a bolton swap in a 1g.

You however should by this point have a Boost Gauge and a MBC. If your going to be doing any sort of tuning a Wideband O2 Sensor and Gauge are needed.

If your gonna go to a walbro 255 a AFPR is needed as well. You can get a EVO9 fuel pump, or a walbro 190lph without needing the AFPR. Your stock injectors are fine for running a 16g but you wont max it out on them.

^^i agree with this guy^^

Turbo is a direct swap for your 1g, however i would recommend getting new copper crush gaskets for your water and oil feed line, and new oil return gaskets to prevent any leaks from re-using the original ones.

Thanks guys..I do have a autometer 30psi boost gauge and a MBC already and yeah I forgot to mention that im getting a gauge pillar pod for the boost gauge and a a/f ratio gauge..forgot I needed a wideband o2 sensor but thats no prob to get..also getting full 3" turbo back exhaust, FP race exhaust mani..big FMIC..and more..what kind of power do you think I can make with race gas? Going to run 93-94 octane on the street maybe even with a octane booster..but for sure race gas at the strip..not sure how high boost I can run,looking to run the 8th mile in the spring, and maybe even take a trip to Indy a few times to run the 1/4th..also plan on getting cams reground by spring..probably 272's..thanks for all the help.

^^i agree with this guy^^

Turbo is a direct swap for your 1g, however i would recommend getting new copper crush gaskets for your water and oil feed line, and new oil return gaskets to prevent any leaks from re-using the original ones.

For sure! ..the engine is out and being built right now with ACL race bearings, ARP studs and rod bolts and a MLS Cometic headgasket..I have new crush gaskets and seals for the turbo..very excited..

Is the 'Big 16g' direct bolt just like the E3 16g? I read another thread you posted, confirming which turbo your td05 is, and it wasn't the e3

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back