The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

Spyder Questions and suggestions please.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonydl

Probationary Member
May 3, 2021
Prineville, Oregon
So i have a 97 eclipse spyder gst and lately have had over heating issues,i had to replace my radiator,i did my timing and water pump also,i bled the system the best you can,my guage reads correctly but ill climb pretty fast if i dont have my heater on,im not sure what it is exactly but the radiator is made for the 2.0 turbo dohc,ive done my thermostat too and still cant seem to keep it cool any suggestions?also was curious im running the stock toyo intercooler could i maybe need a new one?the only upgrades would be my camshafts and lifters,but allot of newer parts on the car already.soooo just needing some input on some things and maybe just ideas of what i could do or should do?

Sounds like you got air trapped in the system still. Gotta burp it. Keep squeezing the lower radiator hose with the cap off until u don’t see any more air bubbles coming out

Sounds like you got air trapped in the system still. Gotta burp it. Keep squeezing the lower radiator hose with the cap off until u don’t see any more air bubbles coming out
Ok ill try that again for sure

Several things...

Air trapped in system.
Defective thermostat/water pump even tho they are new
Missing heat shields
Fans not functioning properly
You wouldve seen it working on the radiator but has intense heat warped/disfigured your fans reducing the flow?
Front mount IC blocking the flow to the radiator?

or perhaps several of these issues all contributing to the overall issue?

Just for more information, do you notice it climbing just by idling? Does the temp start to drop if you start driving?

Last edited:
So im pretty sure it was air in the system i ended up just drowning it with water while squeezing the bottom hose repeatedly and its not over heating now,funny thing is now im having an issue with my vac,i droped 5 pounds in vac randomly and im taking out plugs and checking wires as we speak,also clutch is soft after changing fluids,i did 2 ways,first push clutch down have someone hold twist screw then close screw pull peddle up,the other way i did it is similar but at the end i left the pedal down and manual pushed the slave rod towards the slave held it in place and put the bleed screw back in im not sure if im just doing it wrong or what but todays been the day for f*** ups LOL.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back