The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

questions about holset hy35

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turbojo

10+ Year Contributor
Oct 10, 2011
hazel green, Alabama
questions about holset hy35 ok what is the max hp and boost of this turbo and how much faster will it spool then a hx35

There's no magic max boost or horsepower number. It all depends on your individual setup. Talk to users 4g63awdhonda and dacowgod, they are both experienced with HY-35s.

Ya, your question really doesn't ask anything specific but I can try to spread some light on it. I'm running a hy35 with the 9cm housing on an ERL manifold, full spool is about 4800rpm with an open dp basically. I have yet to max it or come close but at 22psi it's flowing around 40-42lbs/min.

Ya, your question really doesn't ask anything specific but I can try to spread some light on it. I'm running a hy35 with the 9cm housing on an ERL manifold, full spool is about 4800rpm with an open dp basically. I have yet to max it or come close but at 22psi it's flowing around 40-42lbs/min.

why so much lag isnt that more lag than a hx40

why so much lag isnt that more lag than a hx40

Because I don't have the ablity to use a bolt on .55 housing. The stock housing is around .70 converted, no one knows exactly. If you use a hx40 with a .70 t3 housing the spool will be slower then what I'm getting. I am also using 272 cams, installed straight up which is costing me around 400-500rpm in spool over stock cams.

I was with stock cams and internal wastegate. It will make 30+psi by 5k rpm if I want to run the boost that high but I don't have my tune where I want it yet so it's staying low for now. I could also have a minor boost leak too.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back