The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Question on Speed Density Setup

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chicken Patty

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 26, 2007
Miami, Florida
Hey guys,

Just wondering, I have the ECM Tuning Speed Density Bundle with the Speed Density Cable which ties the signal of the 4 Bar MAP to the stock Baro input.

Do these 4 bar MAP sensors still have the same problem as mentioned below?
http://www.ecmtuning.com/wiki/2gbaroinputworkaround

Also, since the bundle wires up the IAT to the factory IAT and the MAP to the baro input, do I lock the IAT/BARO signal through link or not?

Last edited:
Quick question, with my configuration, do I still need to use the MDP, or can it be disconnected? Reason is that I'm thinking of getting a SMIM. I don't want to have it drilled for the MDP if I don't need it. Thanks guys. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a fitting you can buy off extreme psi that allows the sensor to be t'd into the brake booster line. You will just have to lengthen the harness to run it under the smim

There is a fitting you can buy off extreme psi that allows the sensor to be t'd into the brake booster line. You will just have to lengthen the harness to run it under the smim

My question is, can I just not have a MDP period when running on SD?

Thanks, but that's not what I'm looking for. I need to know if I can completely remove my MDP although I have nothing wired into it or assigned as a sensor for my SD setup. It's still in it's stock form, with untouched wiring.

I guess you can, based on what I read, although my MAP sensor is not wired in to the MDP sensor wiring, I guess it shouldn't' be any different? That's what I was unsure off, I have came across those threads you have pointed out a few times, I just wanted someone to actually state if it was possible to eliminate a possibility of me misunderstanding/misreading the info.

Well im doing a rebuild and im looking to run sd soon.

okay...? Anyhow, good choice. Car definitely feels better on SD than it ever did with any MAF I ever ran. ...and I'm referring to driveability. WOT, not really sure as I changed a few things on the setup, but I'm sure it's a difference as well as you don't have any MAF restricting airflow at all.

Ok ive been doing lots of reading on the sd so your question is a good one not sure if i really helped.

Ok ive been doing lots of reading on the sd so your question is a good one not sure if i really helped.

From what I've interpreted, yes it can be removed on SD even if not wiring your MAP sensor into it. If someone wishes to come in here and correct me, please do so as I would really appreciate it. :)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back