The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Question on drivers door molding.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsi1991awd

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 28, 2008
Puyallup, Washington
Have a 1991 Talon TSI AWD....the molding for the drivers door is missing and I'd like to get another one. Do you know if the one from an Eclipse will work? I looked up on JNZ Tuning for one and there are two options. One says w/o GSX and one says w/ GSX. Is there really a difference? One's $30, ones $108

JNZ Tuning Online- OEM Mitsubishi Parts

There must be a difference. Call JNZ and talk to Erik I'm sure he would know.

I know for sure that the non-gsx molding is thinner than the gsx molding. I thought though that the gsx molding was the same as the one on the tsi-awd. I'll give them a call monday as my drivers side door and fender moldings are cracking from age and I would really like to get a new set.

If you look closely at the talon and the eclipse,although they are basicall the same car ,the moulding and the spoilers have slight variations.I do prefer the eclipse looks more aggresive LOL

Talked to Eric at JNZ and he said the moldings are discontinued and no longer produced....so I guess ill just take the moldings off and repaint. Oh well.

I just wanted to touch up on this....I went to the JY today and pulled off the drivers door molding from a 1991 Eclipse GS (non-turbo) and the only real difference between the non-turbo and turbo moldings seems to be that the non-turbo is made out of a flexible type rubber / plastic or whatever and the turbo model (I have a TSi) has hard plastic. They are the same length and appear to be the same thickness, etc. Looks just fine on my car (other than being black and the rest of the car is black cherry)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back