The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

Question for those with coil-on-plug ignitions

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ludachris

Founder & Zookeeper
Nov 12, 2001
Newcastle, California
Did you have any clearance issues with the coils rubbing on the underside of the hood? What kit are you using (who did you get it from)? I'm going to try cutting away some of the heat shield material, but I don't know that I'll get all that much clearance from doing so.

If your setup is from us then you will have to clearance the heat sheild just a little bit if its old and swelled up. Most individuals will just cut a small square in the sheild after they determine where the coils rub.

R3dR said:
If your setup is from us then you will have to clearance the heat sheild just a little bit if its old and swelled up. Most individuals will just cut a small square in the sheild after they determine where the coils rub.
Not sure what shop you're with, as you don't have it listed in your Webpage field in your profile. But yes, I've cut away wmall squares in the heat shield where they were touching, and it seems they're now touching the hood.

I bought the SBR Coil on PLug setup and cylinder #4 is rubbing the hood's heat shield...it kind of took of some of the black paint but cosmetic does not concern me..
I don't think there's any mechanical problems with it, but a few questions....Is it ok that it rubs a bit, can it cause a problem, and what if any can I do to fix it?
Thanks,
Mike

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back