The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Rix Racing

Question for my build....

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimGraves

10+ Year Contributor
Dec 23, 2010
TACOMA, Washington
Hey I was looking up some pistons and came across some Topline pistons 8.0:1 ceramic coated. Can I fit those on stock rods? I also want to know do I need to replace my crankshaft with a performance crankshaft? I want to e with in my budget and get a game plan on my build. Any advice?

I wouldn't recommend really any Topline parts I've seen a set of there pistons crack a Ring-land because of a casting flaw... . I have have a pic around somewhere you could literary see air pockets in the casting.

A Set of NPR 7.8:1 Pistons are cheap(probably about the same price) and will work great as they're OEM just make sure you pick them up from a reputable Vendor.

Stock crank will work fine(in good shape) you have to be REAL High Hp to get to the limits of them.

oh ok...

Heres the thing I want to reach 300-400hp so will these NPR pistons help me reach that goal?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back