The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

question for comp geeks

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greathuskie

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 10, 2002
Hollywood, Florida
what does it mean when you have a file on your computer that when you even try to open the folder its in the comp freezes? i finally managed to get rid of it but it sucked

does that mean the file is corrupted and messing with something?

also, in my documents where there is a folder for all the users, there is this as a folder name: Administrator.YOUR-GURG0DYWDC

It's probably a virus a trojan horse of some kind that when you open it automatically shuts the computer down. I've had a virus that my computer would just restart automatically, randomly and that was a pain in the ass for sure.

You probally have a virus of some sort. www.majorgeeks.com has several downloads that are very helpfull for such situations. What operating system are you using?

It's not necc. a virus

It could be many things..

if it's only that ONE specific folder out of allll the folders in your PC.. it could be bad sectors on your hard disk..

try Moving or copying the file... chances are the operation will fail.. cuz it can't read from that sector..

the PC is hanging because it can't read and gets stuck in a loop..

try running a surface scan of the sectors in your drive... see if that helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back