The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Question about your AC in your car...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AW4G63

20+ Year Contributor
Apr 11, 2002
TommyPantsdownville, Ohio
Well, I was messing with my AC trying to get it colder and I heard someone say that my compressor may not be pumping. So trying to resolve the situation I hooked up a bike tire pump to it at the gas station. I figured if I could get compressed air in it then the compressor could pump the compressed air around in the system. I pumped it in right on that nipple toward the back of the engine back. Well after a few seconds I heard a huge pop and something busted open.

Any idea what it was?

Please tell me your not serious. If you are you basicly just killed your whole ac system because its not supposed to have air or moisture in it. Not to mention whatever line or fitting you popped.

naww..noones that crazy

this is supposed to be a thread like the thread on the SRT 4 forums where the guy hanged his oil by cranking the car without a filter on it..

dude,its too soon .. and think of something better.

Next thing you know he'll say he did something stupid like throw a xfer case through the windshield of an Evo...

i was on the phone with him when he did it and i tried to warn him but it was too late and i head big "POP!!!"

notwho said:
Next thing you know he'll say he did something stupid like throw a xfer case through the windshield of an Evo...
LOL I remember that!

And yeah, air + a/c system = bad.

AW4G63, fix your car profile. Laser's weren't made in '99. ;)

notwho said:
I know, right. What a knaubie. :roofles:

I am member # 538

You are member # 67989

Please don't call me a knaubie, go figure out how to master the who's online screen or something.

AW4G63 said:
I am member # 538

You are member # 67989

Please don't call me a knaubie, go figure out how to master the who's online screen or something.
LOLROFL I really hope this is all a joke. This is like the guy who tried to clean out the inside of his engine with water.

AW4G63 said:
I am member # 538

You are member # 67989

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL LOL

Deadly BlaZe said:
LOLROFL I really hope this is all a joke. This is like the guy who tried to clean out the inside of his engine with water.

The only thing funnier then my AC not working is you buying a wrecked 1G for $1000. Now please stop harassing me and help me find the problem. I'm thinking that I might try to get the line underwater and check for bubbles?

Think that would be a good way? That's what I do with my bike tires on my bicycle.

it shouldnt be to hard to find...i just know when i heard it go pop that it deffinately had to be bad!
ill try to help you this weekend

DSM_Obsession said:
it shouldnt be to hard to find...i just know when i heard it go pop that it deffinately had to be bad!
ill try to help you this weekend

Cool man, we'll figure it out. I parked it in the garage. I'm going to try to bend some of the lines up so we can get to them.

AW4G63 said:
The only thing funnier then my AC not working is you buying a wrecked 1G for $1000. Now please stop harassing me and help me find the problem. I'm thinking that I might try to get the line underwater and check for bubbles?

Think that would be a good way? That's what I do with my bike tires on my bicycle.
Atleast i'm not a member from back in 2002 who thinks he owns a 99 laser n/t with turbo.:rolleyes:

Deadly BlaZe said:
Atleast i'm not a member from back in 2002 who thinks he owns a 99 laser n/t with turbo.:rolleyes:

Relax jr. Besides, it's N/T w/ Turbo.... It's the only way they came in 99. Unlike the talons and eclipses.

Back on track.

AW4G63 said:
Relax jr. Besides, it's N/T w/ Turbo.... It's the only way they came in 99. Unlike the talons and eclipses.
Ok either your just ####ing with me or you really are a dumbass. You do realize there are no 99 lasers. I can't believe you would even link to your old thread about your kid.

...you serious? WTF

Think of the compressor in an AC system as the 'heart' of the system, much like your human heart...if you get air into a human heart, that's not good..same goes for an AC compressor. It's like filling a syringe with air & injecting it into your bloodstream..

Deadly BlaZe said:
Ok either your just ####ing with me or you really are a dumbass. You do realize there are no 99 lasers. I can't believe you would even link to your old thread about your kid.

Not a day goes by that I don't get a good laugh out of one of your posts. ROFL

Maybe you could pressurise it with propane and put a lighter to all the potential leaks. You'd find them for sure, but it would be scary to risk such a rare car. 9:laser:9

xveganxcowboyx said:
Not a day goes by that I don't get a good laugh out of one of your posts. ROFL

Maybe you could pressurise it with propane and put a lighter to all the potential leaks. You'd find them for sure, but it would be scary to risk such a rare car. 9:laser:9

i agree, thats the best way!

hahahaROFL

AW4G63 said:
I am member # 538

You are member # 67989

Ain't nothin' but a number.

your member number is to my member number as my weight is to your weight

SAT study guide, truf!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back