The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

Question about transmission bearing race

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yangtech

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2004
Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Couldn't find anything about this so what do you guys use to remove the bearing race on the transmission?

Couldn't find anything about this so what do you guys use to remove the bearing race on the transmission?

I use a slide hammer with a modified Miller SPX bearing race/seal removal tool.

Here is an auction for similar style tools from Kent Moore:
Kent Moore Bearing & Bushing Removers :eBay Motors (item 200351317189 end time Jun-17-09 06:55:41 PDT)

Here is an auction for a slide hammer:
Miller Tools Automotive Slide Hammer C-3752:eBay Motors (item 120434116031 end time Jun-17-09 20:34:46 PDT)

You may need thread adaptors which can be purchased at a hardware store.

If I remember to check later, I will get the part number off the specific tool I use and will post it up.

Ebay has the best prices on these tools, as they are dealership tools and there are MANY dealerships liquidating their specialty tools on Ebay for 10% of the original price. You can find some serious steals on these tools!

I use the Miller SPX #9664 bearing race remover with a Miller SPX #C-637 Slide hammer for my transmission rebuilding activities on DSM's.

Contact these Ebay sellers to find these specific tools. They have the best prices online for Chrysler Miller SPX/GM Kent Moore/and Ford Rotunda tools, as well as automotive manuals, etc. I have dealt with all of them many times and can say they are excellent vendors with great prices and excellent shipping.

eBay Store - nightrain756: DODGE TOOLS, MILLER TOOLS, SNAP ON TOOLS
eBay Store - Wolfco 1: service shop manual, Chevy Literature parts, Ford-Lincoln-Mercury
eBay Store - djsmanuals: FORD MANUALS, CHEVROLET MANUALS, KENT-MOORE TOOLS
eBay Store - moneysolutions: GM Dealership Tools, Ford Dealership Tools, Chrysler Dealership Tools
eBay Store - FACTORYSPECIALTOOLS MANUALS: Factory Service Manual, OEM Tools, FORD WIRING MANUAL
eBay Store - TnTToolTime: Kent-Moore Tools, OEM Parts, GM Factory Service Manuals

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back