The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

question about the stock ecu for a turbo talon '93

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63forlife

15+ Year Contributor
Aug 11, 2004
woodbridge, New_Jersey
My friend just finished up converting a non-turbo '93 eagle talon auto to a turbo automatic.My question is that he put the turbo ecu in the car and the car wouldn't start, but if he put in the n/a ecu the car starts ,and runs believe in or not even with 5 psi. The car has 520 cc injectors and a second gen maf , and a t-25 turbo , 3" exhaust and no cat.He ran the extra wire for the maf , i'm just wondering if he got his hands on a bum turbo ecu?is there any way to just , other then trying to find a person with a 1st gen turbo talon we could swap ecus with?

My friend just finished up converting a non-turbo '93 eagle talon auto to a turbo automatic.My question is that he put the turbo ecu in the car and the car wouldn't start, but if he put in the n/a ecu the car starts ,and runs believe in or not even with 5 psi. The car has 520 cc injectors and a second gen maf , and a t-25 turbo , 3" exhaust and no cat.He ran the extra wire for the maf , i'm just wondering if he got his hands on a bum turbo ecu?is there any way to just , other then trying to find a person with a 1st gen turbo talon we could swap ecus with?

motoguysgarage.com

i'm just wondering if he got his hands on a bum turbo ecu?
Possible. The turbo and non-turbo 1G ECUs should at least fire the engine about the same. So if one works and the other doesn't, I would suspect something wrong with that ECU.

Open up the case and look for signs of damage:

ECU Examples

Thomas Dorris
ECMTuning, Inc.

I drove my car for 6 months after buying it with a non-turbo ecu,and I didn't know it. I would get random cel's and the stock boost gauge wouldn't work,but that was the only real problems. I only found it when the caps leaked and it quit working. Your friends car should fire.

I drove my car for 6 months after buying it with a non-turbo ecu,and I didn't know it. I would get random cel's and the stock boost gauge wouldn't work,but that was the only real problems. I only found it when the caps leaked and it quit working. Your friends car should fire.
wow , take you were running low boost?Found out about the turbo ecu , it's the caps , one took a dump on the board.After that happens (caps leaking ) can it be salavaged /repaired or should i pitch it at the next guy who pisses me off in traffic.

Yeah I had a stock 13g because I have an automatic,and the stock boost solenoid so I was at 9psi. Don't pitch it at anybody LOL,it can be repaired,there is a Wiseman on this board that does it,I'm sure others on here do it as well.

Yeah I had a stock 13g because I have an automatic,and the stock boost solenoid so I was at 9psi. Don't pitch it at anybody LOL,it can be repaired,there is a Wiseman on this board that does it,I'm sure others on here do it as well.

But how scary would that be if you cut some one off in traffic then see this ecm coming flying at youWTF.Thanks for you help , i'll be hitting up ecmtuning pretty soon then.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back