The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Question about replacing or reusing main bearings.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Surgeon

15+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2003
Omaha, Nebraska
Sorry, meant rod bearings!!! I bought a '92 TSi AWD auto to be my daily driver and the previous owner was in the middle of a BSE kit installation, well while in there he decided to go ahead remove one of the rod/piston combos to inspect one of the rod bearings. Well, I bought the car from him and am going to finish the BSE kit install, but now I'm wondering if I should replace all the rod bearings while I'm in there.

Can I just put the rod back on the crank with the old bearing that was on it and torque it to spec, or do I now need to replace the bearings? If I do need to replace the bearings, I'm assuming it will have to be brought to a machine shop so the crank can be measured etc?

Anyone got any ideas, I'm not a machinist :D

if the bearings are fine then you do not need to replace them...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back