The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

question about lowering my car

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoggTalon

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 13, 2012
Mankato, Minnesota
I have to ask what are some good lowering spring and some good shooks and chamber kit... I would like to get some people option on what I should go with

My opinion, at least, hasn't changed, so all those posts of mine that you found when searching still stand.

Skip springs go with a coilover assembly more money but you'll end up there eventually and it usually gives a much better ride that's my opinion

It depends on the coil overs that you go with. Most of the cheaper ones use a generic spring that isn't designed for the specific weight of these specific cars. Ground control coil overs are the cheapest ones that i would recommend. I would just go with a set of agx's with a set of eibach pro's if i were you though.

It depends on the coil overs that you go with. Most of the cheaper ones use a generic spring that isn't designed for the specific weight of these specific cars. Ground control coil overs are the cheapest ones that i would recommend. I would just go with a set of agx's with a set of eibach pro's if i were you though.

True. Ya gotta shell the cash out but its worth it agx is great but ill never go back to to drop springs :thumb:

Well, everyone will have their opinions on this subject. But my personal favorite setup on every car I've owned is Tokico HP blue shocks/struts and eibach prokit springs. The ride is more stiff than stock but it's not too stiff. The car feels more "solid". It's a good combo IMO. I love it and will be putting this setup on my 1g if I can find tokicos and eibach springs. Otherwise I'll probably go with Koni's and h&r springs.

Edit: ok I didn't know pretty much everything I listed isn't available for my 1g LOL. I'll probably go with Tein springs and AGX's

I got the tokico illumina spring shock combo.. I have to say this is an awesome upgrade to the stock config, without going to extreme. The drop looks really nice, not to low to affect camber drastically, I still managed to put 235 wide tires on without rubbing and I dont scrape speed bumps or ramps to often even with a full 3" exhaust. The adjustable shocks range from 1 (stock) to 5 (stiffer) I keep it at 5 and its just tight enough for cornering but still rides smooth around town I have no complaints at all for this setup but I'm not a hardcore racer I still like a comfortable ride. On top of it all it was the cheapest kit out there at about $550 for all four corners.

I second or thir/fifth the tokico blues and eibach springs, best setup i've ridden in on that budget.. I got tokico blues and used coil over sleeves and custom spring rates, had the sleeves been better quality and the rates a tad softer ( I went full road race rates that i use in my ustang (well similar) and teh ride sucked because the front was stiff and killed me on bumps and the rear blew the blues FAST and then bounced all over the road

I put ksports on my boys eclipse and it handle and ride good also has the 16 point adjustment for stiffness

i had one one peice teins and put in eibachs on agxs and it was like day and night on both my 1g and 2g

If you're not trying to spend a fortune, theres a set of Megan Racing springs & struts in the Classifieds right now.

I had them on my car, loved the ride.

Oh really how much are those going for and how low springs go

I would like to get a good setup or some what of good setup can someone help out please

I installed Eibach Prokit in my '90 with KYB G-R2 shocks and they work fine, but the ride is much harder than OE, no comparison. Still, I'm not saying it's a problem -- has a performance feel :)!

I installed Eibach Prokit in my '90 with KYB G-R2 shocks and they work fine, but the ride is much harder than OE, no comparison. Still, I'm not saying it's a problem -- has a performance feel :)!

G-r2's are oem replacements and aren't meant to be installed on a lowered car.

how low should i drop it 1.5 or 2

i was looking at eibach pro kit and sportline... they were the same price so should i go with the sportline

I like the pro kit. It is what I have on my car and love it. For a 2g drop that is cost effective, the strut and spring is going to be the best way to do it. Now if you have hella money. Coilovers, and a good set of them only!

Here is my awd on eibach pro kit.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

is that a before and after pic... what kinda brakes do you have on it

used to have tokico blues and sprint springs on my old 99' GS, very good ride for the 2" drop. Had coilovers before, would never buy then again but mine had REALLY agressive spring rates. Basically from my experience you can have a big drop and somewhat lose performance, or go with a decent drop, have a bigger gap and get better performance.... Just my opinion...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back