The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

ECMlink ECU to run DSMLink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

95tsiawd0330

10+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2012
woodlyn, Pennsylvania
I'm about to buy a ECU with DSMlink installed for my new 97 Eclipse GST. My question is does it matter if it was from a 95 2g with AWD and my 2g is front wheel drive? Can I still use the ECU with link?

ecmlink is only a program just make sure you have the correct ecu for your car awd or fwd, im not sure if It matters on the drive train or not for the ecu.

ecmlink is only a program just make sure you have the correct ecu for your car awd or fwd, im not sure if It matters on the drive train or not for the ecu.
I know what link is I'm good at tunning link that's not my question I just need to know if I can use a ecu that was in a AWD 2g and install it in a Fwd 2g

If you are auto the TCU wont work awd to fwd. The gearing is different, or so ive been told by many, and it will throw the car in limp mode. TCUs are drivetrain specific, ecus dont matter awd or fwd like others stated.

drivetrain doesnt matter. Only difference in ecus is manaul or auto then of course turbo or non turbo

:Thumb:
If you are auto the TCU wont work awd to fwd. The gearing is different, or so ive been told by many, and it will throw the car in limp mode. TCUs are drivetrain specific, ecus dont matter awd or fwd like others stated.

I actually dont think so.I know you can use a n/t tcu in a turbo model and nothing changes.Remember throttle position input effects the shift points.And if there are different shift maps on different tcus I would like to see that file.

Using the 95 turbo ecu will be fine to use in your 97. It will not matter manual or Automatic.

You will however want to read this information:

swapplugwires [ECMTuning - wiki]

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back