The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Question about dsmlink

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eclipsyco

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 19, 2011
Somewhere in, Central_America
Yes i know that there are a lot of threats about the link but still didn't find my answer probably this is going to be a way to easy question for many of you guys... The thing is that a got my link today just a couple hours ago and it came with instruction about the clutch-cut wiring. So why do I need to do this? My clutch switch is unplugged and the cruise control doesn't work either so what's the possible reason for doing this? I read at the ecmtuning forum that I need that if I want to enable the step 2 launch control is this true?

It is not needed unless you want to do No lift to shift.

NLTS is not going to kill your tranny, it simply allows you to keep rpm's up while shifting so you can keep the turbo spooling. just hook it up so you won't have to deal with it later.

Nlts is like power shifting a Honda except link controls the rpm timing which you can set and you just have to shift, and keep the gas mashed. It basically allows you to power shift without grinding gears, because it keeps the engine harmonized at a good rpm. Unless of course you screw the shift up LOL then nothings in harmony.

Really? I don't remember where I read that nlts kills the tranny I think it was right here in this forum... I couldn't find the threat but I trust u guys so most likely i'm going to hook it up later today thank you guys for the info everyday a learn something new about my DSM... :)

I've also heard from plenty of people that it's harder on the tranny and have first-hand experience with it in a dsm.

Yeah that's what I thought in first place but if it's similar to Honda power shift as "dsmkauai" said which makes sense then shouldn't be that hard on tranny of course as long as you know how to shift and don't overrev the engine... Right? Correct me if I'm wrong

It is not any harder on the trans than any other shifting. Without NLTS you still keep your right foot planted to the floor but you "stab" the clutch and make the shift. During the brief moments the clutch is depressed the engine is free-rev'ing. The NLTS feature controls this free reving with all else remaining equal.

NLTS will not protect you from mechanical overspeed (like the dreaded 3rd-2nd shift).

Have fun.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back