The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

question about driver's side air bags/steering wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Black Widow97

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 2, 2010
Oxbow, North_Dakota
Hey all. So, the bags have been deployed in my car. (before I had bought it.) I have a tan interior with a black dash. As far as I kenw, the steering hub covers, steering wheels, and airbags were the same, regardles of interior color, black. Well, I know higher models got a leather wrapped wheel, and the lower models got a rubber-like one. But am I correct? Because my steering wheel and driver's side air bag apprear to match perfectly in natural light. But I took a picture of it for my build journal the other day, and the air bag appears to be grey, and the wheel appears to be black. Where there in fact different colored steering wheels and driver air bags to match the interior color? Or is it possible that the airbag is from a lower end car with a rubber wheel?

Thanks in advance tuners! :thumb:

Anybody?

Here is a pic so you can kind of see what I'm talking about.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes the colors vary. My 95 Talons had grey steering wheels and air bag covers, and my 99 has black.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back